Sony MDR-NC50 Pictorial

Rate this topic

Ishiyoshi

gallery_5220_279_58756.jpg

MDR-NC50 | Noise Canceling Headphone

The MDR-NC50 is one of the best noise canceling headphones I've tested thus far. My impressions:

The good:

--> The NC50 offers superb ambient noise isolation - the rumble of aircraft engines was efficiently eliminated.

--> The NC50's leather pads are quite comfortable; fits tightly around your ears

--> Somewhat strong bass with acceptable mid-range and treble detail

--> Good vocal detail (*vocals are somewhat nasal during initial use)

--> Bundled with great carrying case, which can be used to store other headphones such as the Sony Eggo with a portable MiniDisc Player/Recorder (*see picture below)

The Bad:

--> The strong bass is sort of a mixed bag - can be a little overwhelming especially if you like to listen to your tunes with EQ; so, you will need to tune the EQ to compensate accordingly.

--> Due to its tight fit, the NC50 can be quite uncomfortable for long haul flights.

--> Retails at $199

Conclusion:

I can't really recommend the NC50 unless you are strictly employing it for in-flight entertainment.

--> Enjoy the pictorial. :)

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

gallery_5220_279_71094.jpg

gallery_5220_279_74242.jpg

gallery_5220_279_97966.jpg

gallery_5220_279_173820.jpg

gallery_5220_279_29313.jpg

gallery_5220_279_86053.jpg

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

MDR-NC50 | Carrying Case

gallery_5220_279_86951.jpg

gallery_5220_279_130436.jpg

gallery_5220_279_71572.jpg

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you suggesting that the best thing about the MDR-NC50s is their Carrying Case which fits some Eggos and your blue RH10 perfectly ?

Now that would make a nice Sony limited edition gift set to promote HiMD sound quality.

Are you suggesting that the best thing about the MDR-NC50s is their Carrying Case which fits some Eggos and your blue RH10 perfectly ?

No, I would rather say it's a bonus; the carrying case just happens to fit the Eggos and a MD unit. The MDR-NC50 itself is a relatively good noise cancelling headphone - it does the job efficiently.