The Official Happy Birthday Thread..

Rate this topic

Christopher

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work nights so I don't see people until PM..........Just in case you were thinking aob9 is lonely and sad with only Atraclife as a friend.

Cheers

Lonely & sad with only Atraclife as a freind???............mmmm sounds like me!!! :lol:

Thanks, 'bobt' and 'the wizard of oz'!

And thanks to the moderators and regulars of the forums for all their help and support since I joined in February. Most of the help has been through searching the archives, but some 'just in time,' timely, such as kurisu's thread back then, "Minidisc Canada Having Nice Sale." That sale was still the lowest price I have seen on the MZ-RH1 ($270 US).

I enjoyed kaiwai's post yesterday, reviewing the RH1 he just bought. He emphasized the robustness of the MD system -- not just the RH1. He said, "it does one thing, and does it well." He was quickly corrected in Post #2 by Guitarfxr: "get a decent Microphone and find out what it is REALLY good at."

Many times I carry my MD player like 'kaiwai' describes, a couple hours a day. It doesn't need to be coddled as, say, my portable CD player.

I'm so glad to have found this website and discussion group. On my last birthday, MD had been long-gone from my consciousness for years.

Edited by Karl Myer

Thanks, I think, rayzray.

HBD = has been drinking [?]

MDB = multidimensional database, miniature dwarf bearded, message-driven bean [?]

Sorry, you'll have to translate -- I have no idea what those mean.

Thanks again for your thoughts on Moon River in the thread "Moon River, Is the most beautiful song" (Posts 26 and 27). In the coming year may all your Bm7b5 chords become Dm6 and resolve nicely into E7.

Thanks, I think, rayzray.

HBD = has been drinking [?]

MDB = multidimensional database, miniature dwarf bearded, message-driven bean [?]

Sorry, you'll have to translate -- I have no idea what those mean.

Thanks again for your thoughts on Moon River in the thread "Moon River, Is the most beautiful song" (Posts 26 and 27). In the coming year may all your Bm7b5 chords become Dm6 and resolve nicely into E7.

Il n'y a pas de toi (sp) (not bad for a semi-american speaking Italian)..

sorry,, it was a typo;; they were bothe HBD (happy birthday);; i'll fix it;; twix it;; and flix it..

*as i hum a Dm6 > E7 > Am progression in my head*

Edited by rayzray

*as i hum a Dm6 > E7 > Am progression in my head*
You're a gentleman and a musician, rayzray. You're right-on about the A-minor, on "DREAM...maker," and "we're AF-ter the same rainbow's end." It's a pleasure talking with you.

Thanks for clarifying HBD. I'm old -- I don't know these things.

Edited by Karl Myer

Il n'y a pas de quoi

gee,, i was right the first time;; i actually HAD typed quoi;;then changed it to toi;; i guess i do remember my Moroccan French better than i thought;; (and High School French 1)..

thanks for the correction;; maybe i should stick to my broken-english and forget da french since Wednesday night at my house is Italian night and not French night..

• 2 weeks later...

happe birth day happy birthday happy birthday happybirthday hapybday;; happieburthday happy BDhappybirthday sebastianbf;; just practiceing typing on my new keyboard;; like why is it soooo hartd to type happybirthday on it?? well anywayzz happe birth day sebastianbf..!!