Routine(s).

Rate this topic

Christopher

Hi, since most of us are male that means most of us employ daily routines that seldom change.

So, what I figure is that we post what we usually do in a common weekday - starts a midnight, ends at midnight. Censor yourself where necessary, if necessary.

-------

Midnight - 3 am: Girlfriend falls asleep, so I go on computer and play either Continuum or Counter Strike: Source, whilst occasionally hitting up the forums and Google Adsense to see how much was made the previous day. Also run a few scripts and such for forum maintenance. May also catch up or do homework ahead of schedule for college. Hit the water pipe a few times, play games again and browse the forum before indulging in snacks.

3 am - Noonish: Sleep.

Noonish - 2pm: Lay in bed for little while and watch various HDTV programming. Muster strength to get out of bed and immediately check forum and e-mail. Contemplate getting ready for work [which is at 3 or 4, depending on the day] early, but usually wait to the last minute. I might eat in this period, but usually don't and just grab fast food on the way to work.

2:30 - 3pm: En route to work.

3 - 10 pm: Work. Facilitate internet technical support calls, specifically handle virus-laden computers that are spamming other networks and a few other duties.

10 - midnight: Usually takes thirty minutes to get home, sometimes a hour. Usually grab a snack and then.."cuddle" with the girlfriend. tongue.gif

This was fun! I look forward to yours.

8:00 get up read local paper 'the age' then read guardian & mdcf forums over a pot of russian caravan tea & breakfast. occasionally i'll drink a blend i have made up for me. eat breakfast

9:30 drive g/f to station to go to school or work

10:00-14:00 play computer games & surf net randomly. have wifi so do it from garden if nice, sometimes from bath.

14:30-15:00 go but ingredients for dinner. cook 5 days a week & i have about 30 things i cook on a random rotation.

15:00-17:30 read or play more pc games. i read at least 4 often 6 novels a week.

18:30 eat dinner

19:00-22:30 hang out with the g/f, surf net on laptop while she watches tv, sometimes more reading or pc games then gin goes to bed

22:30-01:00 talk to friends on phone, read whatever. i usually sleep 6 hours at most

i've been doing this for about 1&1/2 years but it'll all change this week

cause i'm back at school for the first time in three years.

i'm not a chef. i cook for enjoyment.

mostly RTS still play gta:vc a bit. playing kohan2 at the moment.

i'm a man of routine, very routine. except right now i have an audacious hang over, out drinking cocktails till walking was a chore.

First I cook the french fries, then I add the cheese. I let the cheese melt on the warm fries for about 30 seconds, then I add the gravy.

Oo, my Routine, not my Poutine... tongue.gif

I have a very strange routine that really doesn't stay constant, but I'll try and give a run down of a usual day, then make a little addition for the weekends.

-Wake up between 7:30 am and 9:30 am to go to class.

-Either catch the bus or take my car/bike over to the uni

-Sit and Learn from about 9 or 10, till between 2 and 6. (messes up my entire routine)

-Come home and flip on the lappy

-Check mail, IMers, MDCF, webcomics (if I hadn't already done so in computer class tongue.gif)

-If I don't have to work, I chill out and try and watch a movie I rented from Zip.ca so I can get new movies quicker.

-Either watch some more movies, surf the net, eat or do homework.

-Try and get to sleep before 2 am

Awake in 6 hours for class.

Thrusday nights and weekends are a lot different.

-Go to work around 9

-Work till about 3ish, taking shots and seeing beautiful girls rub themselves against other people.

-Go for breakfast around 4am eat/smoke/talk till 5am

-Come home

-Check my e-mail, forum, ETC.

-Go to sleep around 6 am

-(on friday mornings) wake up around 8:45

-get prepared for class

-go to class for 10am

-class ends at 10:50 home by 11 or so.

-Go back to sleep

-Wake up around 3

Wow, I am messed up.

Furthermore, russian caravan tea? How's that? smile.gif

It's quite nice, has a bit of a kick to it IMO. You can guess from the title that it's a blend of oriental and european teas.

I'm a bit of a tea freak just to let you all know. I avoid tea bags at all costs and try to boil filtered water, despte the fact that where I live, the tap water is supposed to be one of the best in the world. You can still taste the difference, especially with hot drinks like tea. I also let the kettle sit for a little while before brewing the tea. Aparently the optimum temperature for brewing tea is around ~75-80 degrees centigrade - too hot (ie boiling) and you will end up destroying the flavour, anti-oxidants, etc.

At the moment, i'm into rooibos tea, which is from a south african plant. The leaves are quite fine - normally green, but red when fermented...

Oh, and I can't abide tea with milk, that's just gross. Always black with 1 or more for me. It's the same with coffee, but sometimes I add just a spoonfull or milk.

Just out of interest, has anyone cofee laced with cardamon? You know, the way the Arabs drink it...

yeah it's good but you need the proper styles beans ground very fine.

get your parents to take you to abla's in rathdowne st sometime - it's sort of expensive but for the set menu they bring around 8-14 courses finished with homemade turkish delight, baklava & arab coffee. primo for sure.

the taste of russian caravan comes from the extra tar & flavours added. originally it was shipped in a resinous brick very similar to hashish, not that anyone would know much about that i'm sure, it came overland to europe via the old silk route through southern russia, hence the name. it has a very smoky dense taste despite being only about 6/10 in strength.

Get up at 7 and attend physics and maths lectures that start at 9, finish at 11. Wait for a while and attend Japanese lectures because I'm stupid enough, and I want to become a pretentious idiot that knows anything and everything about japan despite not living there or being part of a japanese family. Damn. I suck.

Oh yeah, various tutorials, 3 hour labs (ok one a week) and a plenary lecture. I don't even know what plenary means.

I don't have a job. Buy my friggen Kenwood.

I get home depending on the day from about 2 to 8

I study

I argue wtih my girlfriend

I listen to music

I become depressed and angsty

Or maybe today just sucks?

OH yeah, weekends suck too. I'm too poor to get pissed enough to pass out, I don't like alcohol anyway.

Edited by me

..OH yeah, weekends suck too. I'm too poor to get pissed enough to pass out, I don't like alcohol anyway..

Hehe, try sniffing glue wacko.gif pretty cheap... crazy.gif ...nah don´t, not funny..

same ish here, the weekends suck. there are absloutely no decent clubs to go to, where they play "danceable" music. (i´d prefer rap music, mixed by a proper dj with good ´ol VINYL , house would be ok also). -nothing.

back to the routines -you have to know, that i´m an art student, there´s lots of cliches....

...and they´re all true ! (i´m not a painter, more of a sculptor, mac gyver style..)

so if i don´t have courses early(2-3times a week), i get up at around 12am-2pm, sometimes i don´t sleep at all, cause i´m too fascinated of doing sth. else..

..so i get up, walk over to the kitchen, see if there´s something to eat, often muesli, sometimes toast, or leftover stuff from yesterday. drink a black coffee "mexican style" (don´t know if that´s the correct term, put the coffee directly into the cup, then add the hot water, wait 2 mins, then agitate with a spoon, wait again for the powder to sink, ready! )

go back to my room with the coffee, hit my pc, check my emails, mdcf, teschke.de (forum around silent pc´s, in german), waste some time surfing around while i light my waterpipe (shisha, to be precise, i prefer peppermint tobacco) ...

if i´m motivated, i produce some beats with reason, but recently i lack new samples, so i only work on the old ones...

if i´ve got an "art" project going on, i don´t waste so much time, and walk over to the ateliers of the art academy. sometimes i take my bmx, to be more mobile, if i need to buy some "material". all of the time i carry my md with me, of course. riding bmx with your md on is mad fun, but i get very ruthless, cycling around like a lunatic.

when i´ve done working ( the academy is opened from 7am to 11pm, so that´s rather late sometimes) i go home, and hopefully find something to cook in the fridge, "schwäbische maultaschen" is one of my favourites, spaghetti with pesto genovese, tortellini al forno, things fast to cook, that fill your belly well..

eat my meal in front of the telly, zapping around (german tv sucks !!!), smoke another head of my yummy peppermint tobacco, go back to my pc, and do pc stuff, -i´m not that lucky to have a girlfriend to argue with, so i "argue" with asia carrera wink.gif

12pm-3am, go jogging in the park, meet the cops that are patroling there, they say "good morning", but i can´t really hear them, (minidisc ?) so i say "good evening". once they stopped me, asking me where i got inside, since the park is closed at night, told them i jumped over the fence, then they´d let me go, since that i´m wondering if it´s illegal to go inside at night...

come home, take a shower, and hopefully i can sleep...

-hummm.. how come i think it´s cool, to be messed up like that ? it´s not, is it.