What Do You Want To Ask Sony...?

Rate this topic

MDfreak

What restrictions has SonicStage got that are not present in iTunes?

First, you can put the music you bought on iTunes onto up to five computers.

Second, backing up is much easier in iTunes, just copy it onto a disc of your choice with a backup program of your choice.

Third, the iTunes library survives an OS-Crash, as long as the audiofiles themselves stay intact,

a SonicStage library can be expedited into the dustbin, if the OS crashes and there is no backup.

Stuff, you ripped yourself into iTunes is always playable, SonicStage always needs an Internet connection on restore,

even if *EVERYTHING* has been ripped from own CDs.

All those things you mention are to do with having your music in Atrac format which is not advisable IMO. Lossless or MP3 would be a better choice.

Actually - No. It has nothing to do with the codec, the reason is Sonys crappy DRM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so....how did it go?

Well, the visit has been postponed: (From the MDCenter.nl-Forum)

Bezoek is helaas even uitgesteld omdat onze contactpersoon bij Sony ziek is (half Nederland lijkt wel ziek) en Sony had no niet op alle vragen antwoord kunnen vinden. Hopenlijk kunnen we volgende week dan toch gaan.

Translation:

""Our contactperson at Sony is ill (as half of the Netherlands as well) and Sony hasn't yet found all answers to our questions.

We hope, that we still can go next week.""

So, patience is is the best.

Btw, I have a cold and a sore throat too.

What I'd ask Sony:

Why don't you remove these stupid restrictions. Take an example from itunes.  mad.gif

Or better yet, don't just mimick itunes - but remove all restrictions. Itunes is the market leader right now, and it will take more than imitation to beat them. Doing something similar to itunes except with bigger numbers (i.e. you can backup to more devices or whatever) will mean that Apple can easily fight back by just matching your numbers or going one better. You need to throw a cat amongst the pigeons and get rid of all the crap which people don't want (and in the long term, the producers don't want either).

I'm sorry that this is rolling in late .. and I apologize if these two questions have been written down earlier or answered in another thread (please point me to the right location if they already have).

I'm only curious about the new MZ-RH10/910 .. so the following questions apply to those:

Am I going to be able to listen to MP3s that I transfered onto the player's Hi-MD (by using the player as a storage device) without having to have SonicStage installed?

Is the player going to work with linux (i.e. am I going to be able to mount it as a regular USB storage device)?

Thank you!

Moe

• 4 weeks later...