Rate this topic

The_Stamp

This thing should be stickied, so we can comment on each others new avatars.

Check out my new one. I put my ™ stamp rim on it, and tossed "STAMPED!" just below the "Sony" name tongue.gif

if anyone wants the PSD file i'll toss it up once im home. the psd doc includes the font, shadowing, bevel... and skewing (to make it look like its on the case).

so... what do you think of my new avatar? A little more specialized than my last one.. "Simmars" (Which i am the music team leader for happy.giftongue.gif

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. It's a nice way to take the pic and make it your own. I assume you want the RH910 for yourself.

I normally have my son as my avatar. I'm sure I'll stop doing it sometime, but for now, I love it.

btw, I know that this kind of thread is normally popular at other forums, but lets see how much interest there is in the idea before we consider making it a sticky.

tartan is....

carrying the public transport flag because the rest of the family wouldn't and are car addicted and anti public transport to boot.

and

no private car ridden in since july 16, 2004 and november 12, 2005, no driver's license and no car ownership, anti car to boot, and proud of it!!!!!

Edited by tartan

< ---- a sketch i once made...

i tried making this to my avatar, (there´s pic2 and 3 as well..) but it simply doesn´t fit into 150 pixels, perhaps i´ll work on pic2 later, i don´t know.. -i feel good with that sketch for now.

yeah, like that it would work..

the problem is, i want to remove the background, and the head itself has a very similar color to the forum background. (i don´t want to see my atelier all the time, i´d get a guilty concience about sitting at the pc and doing "nothing") and the fine structure gets lost when its scaled like that.

since i´ve worked on that thing pretty long, it´s kinda precious to me, and i´m not shure if i want it recognizable as the whole thing, perhaps only a detail of the structure or so. -oh man, thinking about art gets so complicated sometimes, it will drive me crazy one day..

thanks for trying to help, but i´ll have to figure that out for myself..

<-- That's a huge Rising 20/20 boombox from the early '80s. Back in the day they used to know how to build real boomboxes. The new ones are just pathetic. Two amp chips,10W running off of 10 D-cells, and a nice big pair of 8" speakers to blast your tunes with....and yes it has an aux in for the MD...8)

Edited by 8track

just a worn out lightbulb from my student room, a 100kp digital camera (yes, you've read it correctly 100 Kp) and a lot of free time... (actually, I should be writing my masters thesis right now, but then I discovered minidisc... doh)

see you

just a worn out lightbulb from my student room, a 100kp digital camera (yes, you've read it correctly 100 Kp) and a lot of free time... (actually, I should be writing my masters thesis right now, but then I discovered minidisc... doh)

Hehehe.. I should be glad my Nh900 got lost in the shipping =) I'm writing my bachelors thesis atm. Putting more time into reading this forum so I've allready missed my first deadline sad.gif

Edited by Clytn

• 5 weeks later...

just a worn out lightbulb from my student room, a 100kp digital camera

That's the coolest one here. I love personal artistic stuff and couldn't care less about looking at pix of hardware. :-)

Mine is a gear, for reasons that will remain unclear, but which has something to do with the design for my first CD. It is a gear, but I have, um, done something to it.

That's the coolest one here. I love personal artistic stuff and couldn't care less about looking at pix of hardware. :-)

thanx... I do my best to be a bit original...

I will put some other bulb-experiments up in the gallery (if kurisu lets me, it's actually very off topic/non-md wink.gif )

edit: I still hope to put some more bulbs up, but I'm having some troubles with uploading pics (and with actually any action in the gallery) see http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=9422&hl=

Edited by The Low Volta