PSP Firmware v3.52 Has Arrived!

Rate this question

Christopher

Question

If you've been living under a rock, you may have missed firmware v3.x for the PSP. It includes a plethora of new features.

If you live in the United States, follow the instructions here:

http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.aspx?id=SoftwareUpdate

- The Japanese update is located here.

- The German update is located here.

- The French update is located here.

- The Spanish version is here.

- The Chinese version is here.

Edited by Ishiyoshi

25 answers to this question

Psp firmware 2.5 is out

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000843063138/

http://pspupdates.qj.net/2005/10/psp-syste...250-is-out.html

From the article:

"Hot on the heels of the firmware 2.01 “upgrade” comes PSP firmware version 2.5. This is likely another Sony attempt at setting up a more stable firewall between hackers and their precious console, although one notable new feature in this upgrade is support for LocationFree TV playback. Peep the read link for the full rundown of the dealio on this upgrade, but be wary, homebrew lovers."

cheers

I installed it today, and checked a little about Free location tv. And then I kind of understood that you can't use this service unless you have the free location device. It appears that these devices are awfuly expensive (price of an aibo?). I was wondering then, if this was possible to use that through the normal wi-fi connection. But I don't think so. And then, is it a service that is/will be available in public places?

Well... lots of questions about these not yet realeased sony services.... SONY seems always promising great services that don't go too far, or never go out.

I can confirm that the bug with LocationFree and PSP is now resolved. Previously I had to run setup on my PSP everytime to be able to access my set-top cable box. This is no longer the case.

BTW to use LocationFree with a PSP you don't need to buy the high priced model that includes a display...just get the LFPK1 LocationFree Player Pack ($349.99CAN at Sonystyle.ca). The PSP is the display, and you can also use with a notebook computer.

ok dont know if im allowed to talk about iso emulations but if i do violate the law up here ill delete it ASAP

latest news from console-spot forum is that FW2.71 can now be emulated by DEVHOOK 4.4 under FW 1.5, wt a great news for the those who download the games instead of buying...

And another, when will they stop? I'm guessing 3.03 now...

I can't tell you what has been added, as its still downloading, but I'll update when I finish downloading it! :lol:

Edit, it is version 3.03 and it says

"the number of playstation Network titles that can be played under [game] has increased."

Edited by DannyB37