N910 Charging Problem

Rate this topic

davidak

Hi,

I have netMD Sony MZ N910 and have a problem. It is impossible to charge it with AC adapter. When I plug AC to MD, there is PC->MD signe and it doesnt charge. But it is incorrect- it is not connected to USB. I dont know what to do with it, there is nothing in manual. Thank you very much. David

Hi,

I have netMD Sony MZ N910 and have a problem. It is impossible to charge it with AC adapter. When I plug AC to MD, there is PC->MD signe and it doesnt charge. But it is incorrect- it is not connected to USB. I dont know what to do with it, there is nothing in manual. Thank you very much. David

That is odd - "PC --> MD" should not appear if your unit is not connected to USB. Have you try using a new NH-14WM battery? In addition, try taking out the battery and reinsert it back into the battery chamber.

That is odd - "PC --> MD" should not appear if your unit is not connected to USB. Have you try using a new NH-14WM battery? In addition, try taking out the battery and reinsert it back into the battery chamber.

Its there if it is not connected to USB too. Well, I will try another battery and lets see.

Thank you very much for your reply. David

I tried nearly everything. Baterry is OK, it is possible to charge it in R909. But in 910 is still that stupid PC --> MD. There is no usb connection and butons didnt work when PC --> MD... I want to charge...

Maybe, is there some servise mode on 910? Some total restart?

I tried nearly everything. Baterry is OK, it is possible to charge it in R909. But in 910 is still that stupid PC --> MD. There is no usb connection and butons didnt work when PC --> MD... I want to charge...

Maybe, is there some servise mode on 910? Some total restart?

Yes, you can definitely charge your battery with the R909 via its charging stand; however, don't you have an external charger?

In addition, can you use the stop button on your N910 to clear "PC-->MD"? I am sure you can enter service mode of the N910 but you would need the service manual as a guide. If you are interested, you can email this service manual dealer for N910's service manual; of course with a small fee.

If all fails, the best is to utilize your warranty if it's still applicable.

Good luck.

Yes, you can definitely charge your battery with the R909 via its charging stand; however, don't you have an external charger?

In addition, can you use the stop button on your N910 to clear "PC-->MD"? I am sure you can enter service mode of the N910 but you would need the service manual as a guide. If you are interested, you can email this service manual dealer for N910's service manual; of course with a small fee.

If all fails, the best is to utilize your warranty if it's still applicable.

Good luck.

Thanks. Its impossible to press stop during this stupid PC --> MD. But I thing, it is afterall charging, but there is no CHARGING signe. So it is not so big problem.

I have no external charger, I am from Czech Republic and electronic accessory is not so rich as in US and UK.

• 2 months later...

HI!

So It is OK again now and I know, what was wrong. I opened the player, when it was in the charging seat and connected to USB. There was a short-circuit after this stupid opening and it has made something wrong with power circuit in the player. MD has still warranty and they has repaired it for free so I am happy again and I am enjoying my MD!

David biggrin.gif