MZ-DH10P Pictorial Revisited

Ishiyoshi

Thanks for the pics! They are a lot better than what I imagined them to be... but am wondering how it turns out with a flash?

I also didn't see this covered anywhere else, but does this have to be plugged into the cradle to do music/photo transfers back to the computer? Would be a shame if I had to lug that around with a laptop if I wanted to do some editing...

Thanks again!

flat_earth

Clicky goodness for my upcoming new website! Long live MD! (MD goodness still forthcoming...)

I also didn't see this covered anywhere else, but does this have to be plugged into the cradle to do music/photo transfers back to the computer?  Would be a shame if I had to lug that around with a laptop if I wanted to do some editing...

You can use either the cradle or the unit itself, I believe.

• 7 months later...

If I remember correctly, yes. But to be sure, drop Richard (richyhu) a pm for confirmation.

Yes you can. In photo shooting mode the picture obviously fills the whole display. When viewing back in photo viewing mode you will also have the photo fill the whole display - and it looks pretty good.

When viewing cover art whilst listening to music, there are various different viewing modes, with cover art + track info or just cover art. In the latter beacuse the cover art is square and the screen slightly rectangular you get black borders as when viewing a 4:3 video image on a 16:9 screen. You can also view all covers at once (hence the tiling) - and the same for photos.

• 1 month later...

what kind of cable does this kind use to connect to the computer?

p.10 of the manual calls it "Dedicated USB cable". It's a proprietary Sony cable on one end, and standard USB type on the other end. -- Detail below:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hi-MD PHOTO

Edited by Jacques

ic. thanks. I was considering saving up to buy this. But the fact that it uses a cable not freely available puts me off abit. What if the cable rusts and spoil? What if i lost it? :wacko:

Replacment cables can be bought from Sony Parts or from Audiocubes. Or if you get the Japanese model it comes with 2 USB cables.

Replacment cables can be bought from Sony Parts or from Audiocubes. Or if you get the Japanese model it comes with 2 USB cables.

ic. thank you. It would be great if it uses standard Mini-USB ~ USB that most mp3 players and digital cameras use too. Then i won't have to go through all the trouble just to get a replacement when need arise. Also, its pricing of USD499 is a tad expensive. I'm only a student now. :mellow:

i want money so that i can buy it! Haha.

Can anyone weight the pros and cons of buying this unit for me? Thank you.

I would suggest reading the MD Center NL Review here:

http://www.mdcenter.nl/redirect.php?file=h...0preview_en.php

And there is also my review in the pictorials section here:

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=11621

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It's the same as the cable on the NH1/NH3D and possibly the N10 yes.

There's a replacement cable at AudioCubes for $25. Does anyone know for sure if this provides a charge as well as a data connection on the DH10P? I've seen references that it does, but when plugging my cable directly into the DH10P there's no indication of a charge or a way to initiate one as on my other MD units. Thanks.

http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Sony_MZ-NH1_USB_Cable.html

Edited by otter

There's a replacement cable at AudioCubes for $25. Does anyone know for sure if this provides a charge as well as a data connection on the DH10P? I've seen references that it does, but when plugging my cable directly into the DH10P there's no indication of a charge or a way to initiate one as on my other MD units. Thanks.

The cable doesn't charge the dh10p; I just tried it out on the 10p using the cables that came with it and the cable that came with the n10.