My Hi-MD Walkman MZ-RH10 | Blue Pictorial

Rate this topic

What I want to know is (and please don't bump this to some Axia thread) where did you get that COOL UFO Axia minidisc from???!!!

That is no UFO. ;) It's just some ceiling lamps. The disc in question is from AXIA's MD-im "select your style" 2003 Series - please review this thread for its complete series. I acquire most of my discs while back in Japan or have my family ship it over.

You can get an LCD remote for the US version MZ-RH10 for a whole lot less than $65...though it'll probably not be the color-matched black one. Check the pinned remote thread: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=8147 for compatible remotes, and head off to eBay where the RM-MC35ELK can be had for pretty cheap. If you're already willing to spend $65 for one, you might then also consider spending a bit more for the 3-line RM-MC40ELK.

I use the MC40ELK with my 1st generation MZ-900 MD unit...I find it very useful even for ordinary playback use, like on bus/train/plane trips with the mini-disc unit stashed in a pocket somewhere. It allows you to scroll through disc contents with ease to find what you want. The 3 lines make it easier to see what you're scrolling through, and gives you more available info. on playback. Plus, when you are recording, it is *really* cool to be able to monitor your recording levels, and change them if necessary (in Manual). Can't do that on the skinny stick remotes. But if that functionality isn't likely to be much use to you, go with a much less expensive MC35ELK from an eBay seller with good feedback.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...