The Latest Album You've Purchased.

Rate this topic

yamagatacamille

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...8987383-2388635

i've got the audio cd but the dvd reviews are pretty sweet. more for fans, as with most live albums

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...8987383-2388635

i've got the audio cd but the dvd reviews are pretty sweet. more for fans, as with most live albums

I bought the album

Big game- White Lion.

With my own money and the help of 4 free connect downloads I downloaded Nikka Costas Can'tNeverDidNothing Album. Not as good as her album; 'like a feather' though.

Speaking of live albums, i was thinking of getting ac/dc's 2 disc live cd set, but I have seen Bon Scotts vocals in music videos, and i wasnt too impressed, no comparison to the albums.

Edited by GregTheRotter

I bought the album

Big game- White Lion.

With my own money and the help of 4 free connect downloads I downloaded Nikka Costas Can'tNeverDoNothing Album. Not as good as her album; 'like a feather' though.

Speaking of live albums, i was thinking of getting ac/dc's 2 disc live cd set, but I have seen Bon Scotts vocals in music videos, and i wasnt too impressed, no comparison to the albums.

Greg

that takes me back white Lion,last lp i bought of those was on vinyl i think it was called pride i believe,seen them live once at the old town and country club in london kentish town i beleive,they were supported by another great band tyketto.. worth checking them out as well if you havemt heard of them before......

regards

toddz

Yeah, I only heard their music through a friend who had loads of mp3s and gave me a copy of them all :lol: Seeeee RIIA? Mp3 downloading and sharing is GOOD :lol:

Since doing an md trade, 2 trades ago, I have bought 2 nikka costa albums, and now from listening to a friends mp3's i bought a white lion album :lol:

Edited by GregTheRotter

You told them you were from MDCF, right? ;) We're an affiliate.

I hope everyone doesn't think I'm a money whore at this point. :P

Y' know, MDCF wasn't a choice in the drop down menu! T-station was there. Pretty sure I got there ('cubes) from here. Isn't there an add somewhere on mdcf? Are you down with any of my CD purchases? ;)

Just back from Barcelona, cd's are quite a bit cheaper there.... :)

Made In Japan (remastered) - Deep Purple

Blue TV: Blue Note takes a commercial break - Various Artists

Fugazi (remastered) - Marillion

101 - Depeche Mode

Royal Highness - Kottonmouth Kings

Greatest Hits - Kool Moe Dee

Song Remains The Same - Led Zeppelin

Also Listen Without Prejudice on prerecorded MD arrived while I was away

bought 6 today:

The Like -- Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking?

Kate Maki -- Confusion Unlimited

Sufjan Stevens -- A Sun Came

Sufjan Stevens -- Enjoy Your Rabbit

Sufjan Stevens -- Greetings From Michigan: The Great Lake State

Sufjan Stevens -- Seven Swans

got 2 in the mail yesterday:

Bic Runga & Christchurch Symphony Orchestra -- Live in Concert

Jesca Hoop -- Silverscreen Demos

I´ve bought 6 albums this week:

- Casiotone for the painfully alone "twinkle echo"

- Kasabian "Kasabian"

- Lali Puna "I thought I was over it"

- Erlend Øye "dj-kicks"

- Komëit "falling into place"

- Supersystem "always never agin"

Boards of Canada - the campfire headphase

:blink: v.nice .. i've been considering this, everytime I go to the record store. Better than MhtRtC & Geogaddi?? is it a departure/new direction?

^_^ ah, I'm sure i'll get it anyway

What you hear is what you get: Live at Carnegie Hall - Ike & Tina

recorded in 1971 when they were both in their prime!

Chronic Future - Chronic Future

four 13 year old kids rockin' out!

Monthly music budget is exhausted:

Mark O'Connor - Double Violin Concerto

Mark O'Connor - The American Seasons

Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Mark O'Connor - Appalachia Waltz

Rolling Stones - 40 Licks

Weezer - Make Believe

Gorillaz - Demon Days

Jascha Heifetz - Brahms Violin Concerto - Double Concerto

Mstislav Rostropovich - Bach, Cello Suites 1-6

I love $5.99 CDs with free shipping :D

* The Mars Volta - ScabDates (fantastic live stuff...but my recording would have been better ...if it wasn't made with a Sony mono mic :angry: )

* Explosions in the Sky - bought everything they have released in one sitting... as I nly "owned" their albums in HiSP (gift from a friend :lol: )

* Death from Above 1979 - you're a woman, I'm a machine /UK limited edition with bonus live CD (same deal as with EITS)

Brilliant! How do you like André Previn's rendition of the Nutcracker?

It hasn't arrived yet from Amazon, I will let you know though Ishii. I was interested to see you had Valery Gergiev & the Kirov Orchestra and Choir's version - I had read some comments that by getting rid of the pauses etc.. to get the whole performance on one disc that it lost something - but then I also read some favorable comments - what is your take on this?

Edited by richyhu

I just bought the led zeppelin box set volume 1. I got it for myself, but am going to give a copy of it to my dad to listen to for when he's in the car, as he doesnt have a hifi system to listen to it.

IPB Image

Amazons price 30 pounds, HMV's price? 59 pounds- LOL! :lol:

I dont get it though, it says 1 disc for hmv;s offer, for amazons, 4 discs, they have different catalogue numbers too, what gives??

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProduct...-1;-1&sku=27608

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...5Fencoding=UTF8

Edited by GregTheRotter

It hasn't arrived yet from Amazon, I will let you know though Ishii. I was interested to see you had Valery Gergiev & the Kirov Orchestra and Choir's version - I had read some comments that by getting rid of the pauses etc.. to get the whole performance on one disc that it lost something - but then I also read some favorable comments - what is your take on this?

Actually, I did not find the "pauses" so to speak to diminish the overall recordings. In fact, this is one of the best Nutcracker pieces I've ever listened to; and I feel the tempo is just about right. The main reason I was drawn to Valery Gergiev & the Kirov Orchestra and Choir's version was the fact (at least in my opinion) that too many conductors have commercialized this classic piece. Gergiev in my opinion conducted with superb counterpoint and the Kirov Orchestra followed flawlessly.

While we are still on Valery Gergiev, I would like to add that I hear his rendition of Tchaikovsky's the Sleeping Beauty is magnificent as well. That is one title I would like to get next.