The Latest Album You've Purchased.

Rate this topic

yamagatacamille

Actually, I did not find the "pauses" so to speak to diminish the overall recordings. In fact, this is one of the best Nutcracker pieces I've ever listened to; and I feel the tempo is just about right. The main reason I was drawn to Valery Gergiev & the Kirov Orchestra and Choir's version was the fact (at least in my opinion) that too many conductors have commercialized this classic piece. Gergiev in my opinion conducted with superb counterpoint and the Kirov Orchestra followed flawlessly.

Thanks for that Ishii, I may have to get this after all, as I am quite intrigued!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Gem of the Stones Throw Label

Beat Konducta - Volume 1: Movie Scenes STH2117

LP 2005

Produced by Madlib

Side A (Ill Side)

1. The Comeback (Madlib)

2. The Payback (Gotta)

3. Face the Sun (Africa)

4. Open (Space)

5. Tape Hiss (Dirty)

6. Sir Bang (Bounce)

7. Third Ear (More)

8. Stax (Strings)

9. Electric Company (Voltage-Watts)

Side B (Dope Side)

1. Left on Silverlake (Ride)

2. Painted Pictures (Art)

3. Gold Jungle (Tribe)

4. Offbeat (Groove)

5. Pyramids (Change)

6. Eternal Broadcaster (Authentic)

7. Spanish Bells (High Dreams)

IPB Image

1 MARIAH CAREY I'll be there

2 TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY - FEATURING DES'REE Delicate

3 SADE No ordinary love

4 JAMIROQUAI Too young to die

5 CULTURE BEAT Mr. Vain

6 MICHAEL JACKSON Black or white

7 TORI AMOS Crucify

8 PAUL YOUNG Now i know what made otis blue

9 REM The sidewinders sleeps tonite

10 TASMIN ARCHER Lords of the new church

11 LEMONHEADS It's a shame about ray

12 ENYA Caribbean blue

13 WYNTON MARSALIS Le carnaval de venise (Variations)

not too bad I guess... It's my 66th Prerecorded MD :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

queens of the stone age: lullabies to paralyze (been putting this off 'cause I was sorry for druggy Oliveri leaving/being thrown out but hey, they still rock!!)

IPB Image

coldplay: x&y special dutch edition (double album with all the b-sides from the singles from this album... actually more a gift for my girlfriend, but as she only listens to music on her mac I get to keep the cd... also a pretty copy controlled (whatever that means) cd from EMI so I'll be ripping this on someone elses PC with EAC and then make a backup on cdr so no rootkit-or-anything-alike gets on my clean machine :lol: )

IPB Image

broken social scene: broken social scene (also long overdue... great music for relaxing and dreaming off... described by my girlfriend as 'chaotic boredom'... but what does she know: she likes james blunt :P )

IPB Image

coldplay: x&y special dutch edition (double album with all the b-sides from the singles from this album... actually more a gift for my girlfriend, but as she only listens to music on her mac I get to keep the cd... also a pretty copy controlled (whatever that means) cd from EMI so I'll be ripping this on someone elses PC with EAC and then make a backup on cdr so no rootkit-or-anything-alike gets on my clean machine :lol: )

IPB Image

My kosheen cd has the copy control logo but i was still quite easily able to rip it my computer using sonic stage.

broken social scene: broken social scene (also long overdue... great music for relaxing and dreaming off... described by my girlfriend as 'chaotic boredom'... but what does she know: she likes james blunt :P )

IPB Image

Great stuff Volta, I think that we'd be good mates more and more as I read threw your music posts more and more.

I just picked up:

Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit

Belle and Sebastian - Fold your hands child, you walk like a peasant

The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth

Weezer - Make Believe (on vinyl!!!!!!! Thanks so much to my mates at CKXU for giving it to me!)

Great stuff Volta, I think that we'd be good mates more and more as I read threw your music posts more and more.

well thanks bananatree...ever since the first time I read a post by you on audio-taste (I believe you mentioned TMV and the arts&crafts label) I reconned we'd get along in the taste department :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

recently bought in the last 2 1/2 weeks: (in 2 seperate chunks)

The Way It Really Is -- Lisa Loeb

Gold (best of) -- Connie Francis

Tapestry -- Carole King

Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts -- M83

Our Endless Numbered Days -- Iron & Wine

Motor Motel Love Songs -- Jason Collett

Idols Of Exile -- Jason Collett

Where Night Holds Light -- The Buttless Chaps

Ballad of the Broken Seas -- Isobel Campbell + Mark Lanegan

Has A Good Home -- Final Fantasy

Supernature -- Goldfrapp

This Island -- Le Tigre

So Tonight That I Might See -- Mazzy Star

Now It's Overhead -- Now It's Overhead

Fall Back Open -- Now It's Overhead

Sing-Sing And I -- Sing Sing

The Woods -- Sleater-Kinney

just re-ordered me one of my good old favorites that have been played so much my mac couldn't even read the CD's anymore:

- Mogwai: young team

and two 'new' ones as well:

- Mogwai: Government Commissions/BBC sessions 1996-2004

- McLusky: -ism

What?

I thourgh CD's didn't do that!?

Just tapes....

Have I missed something? :blink:

well, 'real' CD's (i.e. bought in a music shop and distributed by a record company etc.) are pressed or something and are pretty strong (though you could always scratch them into oblivion) ... but CDR's are pretty soft (the plastic and also the metal layer) and will become unusable pretty soon when used intensively

I kinda had the habit of 'duplicating' euh I mean 'backing up' a part of my friends' CD collections as I was a very poor student... but now I have graduated and started working full time I can finally afford to replace those fakes by real ones with CD-art etc as I didn't want to copy, but I just couldn't afford the real thing...and now I can

of course the ones in the worst condition get to go first...thes are often also the ones I've been playing the most

but rest asured, CD's (not CDR's) should be pretty resistant when not abused

Edited by The Low Volta

well, 'real' CD's (i.e. bought in a music shop and distributed by a record company etc.) are pressed or something and are pretty strong (though you could always scratch them into oblivion) ... but CDR's are pretty soft (the plastic and also the metal layer) and will become unusable pretty soon when used intensively

I kinda had the habit of 'duplicating' euh I mean 'backing up' a part of my friends' CD collections as I was a very poor student... but now I have graduated and started working full time I can finally afford to replace those fakes by real ones with CD-art etc as I didn't want to copy, but I just couldn't afford the real thing...and now I can

of course the ones in the worst condition get to go first...thes are often also the ones I've been playing the most

but rest asured, CD's (not CDR's) should be pretty resistant when not abused

Thanks.

I thourght they were the same! :)

Thats always good to know in the furure when 'backing up' my dad's cds :lol:

IPB Image

1. Deus Ibi Est

2. Black Mountain

3. False Husband, The

4. Ballad Of The Broken Seas

5. Revolver

6. Ramblin' Man

7. Come Walk With Me?, (Do You Wanna)