The Latest Album You've Purchased.

Rate this topic

yamagatacamille

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Ramones "It's Alive", man I like Ramones.

My sister bought Sublime self titled and some Cat Stevens collection.

I borrowed Bob Marley "Legend" from a friend, with Smashing Pumpkins Greatest Hits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"We Are Povo"

by Danish Jazz-Latin-Fusion (or whatever ...) band "Povo".

Bought from Amazon.co.uk - ripped onto MD LP2.

Sounds great!

• 2 months later...

got two yesterday (tuesday):

Broken Social Scene -- You Forgot It In People

Nellie McKay -- Get Away From Me

BSS is SOOO good eh?

My newest:

Coheed and Cambria - Good Morning Apollo, I'm a burning star IV Vol. 1

Death Cab For Cutie - We have the facts and we are voting yes

Thievery Corp. - Mirror Conspiracy

Stars - Heart

Within the past week or so, I picked up Sigur Ros's "Takk..." You have to listen to it. It's hard to describe, but I dig it, much like the rest of their music.

That's a good recommendation! -_-

Beatifull music, although the mastering engineer did a really, really bad job here. Clipping all over the place. :(

Just orederd these a couple of weeks ago, should be getting them soon, highly recommend the Arcade Fire, great new group.

"No Hats Beyond This Point"

Men Without Hats;

"Chains That Bind Us Volume 2"

Remote Control;

"Funeral"

Arcade Fire;

"Lichtgestalt"

Lacrimosa;

also brought back 3 cd's The Ancestro's Trilogy by a Cuban group called Sintesis, a very good prog rock group, this series is a great afro-cuba mix highly recommended if you can get it

Bob

Just orederd these a couple of weeks ago, should be getting them soon, highly recommend the Arcade Fire, great new group.

"No Hats Beyond This Point"

Men Without Hats;

"Chains That Bind Us Volume 2"

Remote Control;

"Funeral"

Arcade Fire;

"Lichtgestalt"

Lacrimosa;

also brought back 3 cd's The Ancestro's Trilogy by a Cuban group called Sintesis, a very good prog rock group, this series is a great afro-cuba mix highly recommended if you can get it

Bob

Arcade Fire is wonderful, I think you will like them a lot. Canada's finest, and I should be seeing them in October.

Arcade Fire is wonderful, I think you will like them a lot. Canada's finest, and I should be seeing them in October.

Saw them a couple of weeks ago on the Fashion Rocks special doing a song with Davis Bowie, high point of the show, thought they were from the UK, to find out they are Candian, what a bonus.

Can you sneak you MD and do a stealth recording, what a show that will be.

You lucky dog.

The only live music I see down here is bad country, but I do get to Cuba 3 to 4 times a year, what music there.

Bob

Saw them a couple of weeks ago on the Fashion Rocks special doing a song with Davis Bowie, high point of the show, thought they were from the UK, to find out they are Candian, what a bonus.

Can you sneak you MD and do a stealth recording, what a show that will be.

You lucky dog.

The only live music I see down here is bad country, but I do get to Cuba 3 to 4 times a year, what music there.

Bob

The cream of the Canadian crop seems European, as we attempt to distant ourselves from you-know-who :P

I recently found out that the show sold out in a day or two and I missed out on the Arcade Fire.

• 4 weeks later...

Within the past week or so, I picked up Sigur Ros's "Takk..." You have to listen to it. It's hard to describe, but I dig it, much like the rest of their music.

Also picked up Coldplay's Parachutes" and "A Rush of Blood to the Head."

Oh! I was wondering when they would release another lp. It's been a long wait for the new songs I heard in concert to make it to an album; thanks for making me aware, it's been a while since I checked on them.. that will be my next album purchase.

As far as my latest:

Alizée - Gormandises ... Not at all my general listening, but this is really good pop.. a lot better than American nympho-teen fare :P

Depeche Mode - Black Celebration

Depeche Mode - Some Great Reward