Eu Volume Limiter - Mz-nh900

Rate this topic

803cd

This is my first post - yesterday I received my MZ-NH900, a real bargain at £69.99 from amazon.

I see that this EU model has a lower volume output than the rest of the world model.  Is there a hack to raise the output?

yes, search this forum, or hope that someone who can remember it comes along!

Hope you enjoy your new hi-md (I got mine aswell yesterday, its brilliant!)

Hello matrulesok, Hello 803cd

Yeah there is a Team of new Seventy Quid NH900s roaming the forum. Believe me, this is a great place to be. I've already got a load of help from the folk here. They are wonderful.

Now we all want to hack our units to increase the volume so that it drowns out the noise when travelling on buses and trains.

If you know the way to do it - and I understand that there is a risk involved - then please speak slowly, coz I am not yet used to the menu structure.

Hello matrulesok, Hello 803cd

Yeah there is a Team of new Seventy Quid NH900s roaming the forum. Believe me, this is a great place to be. I've already got a load of help from the folk here. They are wonderful.

Now we all want to hack our units to increase the volume so that it drowns out the noise when travelling on buses and trains.

If you know the way to do it - and I understand that there is a risk involved - then please speak slowly, coz I am not yet used to the menu structure.

Im afraid I dont know, or want to. I feel the volume is ok (so far) and am not willing to risk it (despite the price) - Good luck though, here is the previous post

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=8157

I used my NH900 for a couple of months with restriction... but I'm very pleased now that I've removed it.

Just to put all you new Hi-MD users at ease, indeed, there are serious dangers attached to messing with the service menu, but I hadn't done anything like that ever before and it was a piece of cake! Just make sure you follow the very clear step-by-step instructions presented in the thread that was mentioned above and you should be fine...

but then again, I wanted to hack because I listen to my player with my big Sennheiser phones a lot and the volume was a bit low, but if you only plan to listen with little earbuds (like the ones supplied), you DON'T need the hack (imho)!! If the volume is too low for you, I would rather suggest a visit to a doctor wink.gif

but either way... welcome all to the NH900-users club and I hope MCF will be as usefull for you al as it has been for me...

p.s: just make sure you use the search function a lot... MCF has been around for a while and a lot of your questions have already been answered

I shall be joining the club, too, as Amazon dispatchedmy NH900 yesterday. I'll be waiting for the postman tomorrow!!!!!

Does a 1400 mAh gum stick make much difference to battery life? It was recommended in another thread, but anyone know what the increase in playback time is?

mal.

Where do you get them from if it is worth it?

Where do you get them from if it is worth it?

Loads of places.

Just do a search on NH14WM (which is the battery code for 1400 mAh) and you'll have plenty of options. At first look, it appears that you can get authentic Sony ones and Uniross alternatives.

Sony 1400 mAh gumstick

Uniross 1350 mAh alternative

This is intriguing too:

Uniross gum stick charger

So you can charge yer sticks without your HiMD unit. Pretty convenient.

I'll see how the standard cell holds up.

Mal.