Nh1 - Searching For The Perfect Case

Rate this topic

everso

Hi all,

I have got a NH1 on the way. I am now looking for the perfect cary case.

What I want is something as small as possible, no space for extras like spare disks, batteries etc.. What I would realy like is someting like the "Silicon skin" type of case - small, form fitting and good protection.

So ppl - what do you cary yours in?

Everso

Hi all,

What I want is something as small as possible, no space for extras like spare disks, batteries etc.. What I would realy like is someting like the "Silicon skin" type of case - small, form fitting and good protection.

Everso

How about this:

http://www.audiocubes.com/category/Cases+a...iDisc_Case.html

Holds my NH1 nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, how about this one....

http://www.radiodirectory.com/usstoreproductsB0001YFYF6.html

This case came free with my MZ-NH1 purchase. The armband can be detached and cases don't get much smaller than this.

I too am looking for the perfect case for my MZ-NH1. It should be a soft case and it has to be just a little bit bigger than that armband case. Big enough to hold two Radioshack mini microphones, the clips for 'em, and a couple audio adapters.

Please, post your cases here!

for on the road listening use, I have the Case Logic MDC-2

user posted image

it's ok, but only has got a loop (no clip) to slide it over your belt; makes you look rediculous if you want to take it off (have to unbuckle your belt)... and forget about 3md's in the front pouch, like their site says! I couldn't even get one in... I use it to carry an extra batt (or AA-addon with my nh900)

when I'm out recording interviews and stuff, I've got my heavy duty, big enough to carry all equipment Lowepro D-RES 10AW (actually a digit camera bag, but very protective/soft and with a lot of nice subdivisions and ample space for a small mic, extra batt, two or three md's,...) and it's highly durable even has a rain hood thingy (this is the one that goes with me on snowboardingtrips!!

user posted image

user posted image

when I'm out recording interviews and stuff, I've got my heavy duty, big enough to carry all equipment Lowepro D-RES 10AW (actually a digit camera bag, but very protective/soft and with a lot of nice subdivisions and ample space for a small mic, extra batt, two or three md's,...) and it's highly durable even has a rain hood thingy (this is the one that goes with me on snowboardingtrips!!

Hi. I'm soon to receive a NH1 and I'm also looking for a bag.

That Lowepro looks like a great bag. I'm going to check it out.

Thanks

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by plr

I really want one of those hard case bags... that has the soft material inside, where you can cut out any shape, to fit what ever you want in it!

Looks awsome! But I have no idea where to get them from sad.gif

You normally see these kinds of bags for cameras...

I really want one of those hard case bags... that has the soft material inside, where you can cut out any shape, to fit what ever you want in it!

Looks awsome! But I have no idea where to get them from sad.gif

You normally see these kinds of bags for cameras...

...or maybe this? http://members.aol.com/smkranz/minidisc/minidisc.htm

I carry mine in a Gameboy Advance case I bought at Walmsrt for $6. I shopped all over the internet for the smallest case possible and this is the smallest one I found. I put the player in the side that has the clear skin and cut holes in it for my ports. You can even carry a spare disc in the otherside. It has velcro belt loop strap that I really like.

Hi all,

Everso

I have just written a reply in this thread about a Nintendo Advance SP case. Have a look - I have put a few photos with it.

I find that it is a perfect fit for an NH900 - might be slightly big for an NH1, but could be worth a try. With this one, no additional holes would be required I think.

A question for posting -- is there any way (or associated etiquette) for posting replies to more than one thread at a time? I am thinking in terms of duplication of info. Off-forum replies welcome to avoid clogging!

mal.

Oh my gosh!!! Yes that is exactally what I am talking about Ryzir and smkranz!!!!

Can you buy them already with specific cuts out in them? or do you have to cut out the shapes yourself??

I really want one of these!

As stated in the description which accompanies the pictures on my web link, these cases come with "pick & pluck" foam. The Quantaray case has two layers of it. That is, the foam is scored (pre-cut) partly through into little half-inch squares, and to customize the shape you carefully pull them out (by separating them the rest of the way) to create the cavities you want.

Hey, Low Volta that first Caselogic case you posted looks excellent.  Just big enough to hold everything I need, so I'll try that.  Thanks.

works fine for me! just the fact that it only has a loop to attach it to your belt... makes me look kinda stupid when taking it (and half of my belt) off in public laugh.gif

could be usefull to check the other caselogic MD-case if it has this same problem, 'cause for the rest it looks almost equally ok

As stated in the description which accompanies the pictures on my web link, these cases come with "pick & pluck" foam.  The Quantaray case has two layers of it.  That is, the foam is scored (pre-cut) partly through into little half-inch squares, and to customize the shape you carefully pull them out (by separating them the rest of the way) to create the cavities you want.

Oh ok!

I didn't understand what that "foam is scored" meant, but now I do, this makes me even more want this bag!

I live in Australia, we do have camera shops, so I will have to go and check them out, but so far the cheapest bag I have seen is $95 AUS... which I think is a little extravigant for a bag.. sad.gif

Any ideas where I might be able to get cheaper bags?

Well all things considered I went for a case logic MPC2. It's only a little larger than the MD but will (at a push) hold the remote and earbuds.

I didn't like the fixed belt loop so put a small hole in the unzipped side and fitted a caribenar (is that spelt right - the climbing rope holdy thingies).

The wire for the remore comes out of the zip opening and it all works just fine.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Everso.

I've still got my old Sevired leather cases from my old MZ-R50. Now, ordinarily, I would say that they would be the best spot to look at because they custom-make cases to suit. Unfortunately, my experiences with Martin of Sevired have not been pleasant and since ordering a case for my MZ-NH1 in September 2004, I have yet to see any delivery or even a response since Martin last promised me to resend the items registered mail back in February this year. Needless to say, I'm cheesed.

So in the meantime, I've been using my MZ-R50 case which is perfect width-wise and actually does suit the NH1 provided that I cut the hole out to suit the mic plug since the NH1 is about 1/2" shorter than the old R50. I blame myself for not examining this option before I lost my money to oblivion.

I didn't understand what that "foam is scored" meant, but now I do, this makes me even more want this bag!

I live in Australia, we do have camera shops, so I will have to go and check them out, but so far the cheapest bag I have seen is $95 AUS... which I think is a little extravigant for a bag.. sad.gif

Any ideas where I might be able to get cheaper bags?

Ahhh, yes, I see ph34r.gif ...out of curiosity I did some snooping around, and you are indeed hosed! To order the Quantaray medium hard-sided case ( http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wcs/store...1018%3Bc1001635 ) directly from Ritz Camera here in the U.S. would cost you about (AUD) $123 shipped to Australia.

You might have a few more viable options, however. Perhaps you could buy just the foam inserts, then get yourself an inexpensive briefcase and make your own custom minidisc case. The foam would be similar to this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

or this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

I feel your pain!

• 4 weeks later...

I myself have the caselogic case for my rig. But I'm looking for a case that will hold my minidisc when I use it with the AA battery case attached. Seeing that this makes the unit wider it will not fit in the caselogic. I was thinking of modding a Puma watch bag I have to make it fit by just cutting the foam to size but I was wondering if anyone has a case they can suggest. Just in case here is a look at the Puma watch bag of which I speak. I measured it and it should hold my player just right *crosses fingers*.

user posted image

I find with 98% of the cases they have a belt hoop and don't know about your area but up here in P.E.I. Canada we usually wear track suits when we walk or exercise as they are much more confortable. In other words a belt hoop is useless and you need the type with a clip.

The best looking one I have found with a clip, made of leather, made to fit & protect your unit come from a company who if they don't have one to fit your unit will make one. They are not cheap but than again your new unit is worth it and anything worthwile today never is. You usually get what you pay for.

I can't seem to get the hyperlink to work so you will have to type it in yourself but you will maybe find what you want here. Hope tghis is a help.

www.cases.com.ar/.

Edited by lewpei

For a couple of years I am using a just-fit bag from an unknown brand. It's from a stretchable material and I can fit the MD unit, a spare battery, one MD (without the casing) and all the lefover wires in it and that's it. I can wear it on my belt. When I walk with it I move it to the front of my waste, when cycling it's on the side. It is the most lightweight and small bag that I could find and it shows hardly any evidence of the almost daily use in the last few years.

user posted image

I bought it at a Sony store, but I am sure it's not from Sony. Does anyone recognize it?

Edited by lacobo