Some Help For My Mznh900 Player Please!

Rate this topic

haroon

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hi guys, my very first post here.

Cut things short I'm from the UK and just recently bought the MZNH900 mini disc player from amazon.co.uk (£69)

Happy with the player and software managed to get all my tracks.

The problem I am having is with the life of the battery (or playback time or what ever it is called)

I am using the Sony rechargeable NH -10WM 1.2V 900mAh(MIN) battery that comes with the player.

I want to know is how can I can i get the suppose 37 hours out of the rechargeable battery? Are there any other rechargeable battery's out there that I can get to increase the playback time?

Because at the moment I am getting only 10 hours with the rechargeable battery and 19 hours with the LR6 external battery (total 29 hours) when recorded in Hi-LP

Final question is if I but another rechargeable battery with a bigger capacity does that mean I will have to but a power adaptor for it as well.

Thanks. Looking forward to your response.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Note that the quoted 37hrs is under "optimum" conditons and that you're unlikely to get any closer than you have already really - 29hrs is not bad tho!

As for a higher capacity gumstick, the Sony NH-14WM should work in your NH900. You can source these cheaply from eBay, or from your nearest Sony Centre...

Edited by Rob F1UK

It is bad cause u need to have an external battery case to get 29 hrs.

On the subject of Sony NH-14WM can I charge that up in my mini disc or will I have to buy another charger/adapter. Will there be any problems if I use a Sony NH-14WM instead of the recommended NH - 10WM (i.e. will the player warm up or what)?

Is it compatible with the Sony MZ-NH 900 Hi-MD mini disc player?

How much more capacity can I get out of the Sony NH-14WM

Thanks.

My nh900 has problems loading it.

was this a typo, did you mean "has NO problems with it" or did you actually mean this and you use an external charger (which one?, what price?)? Just asking 'cause I too saw that 1450 GP(powerbank)-stick in a shop and was very interested in bying it myself...

thanks

Edited by The Low Volta

batt-life becomes a question when you go and record stuff...

it's horrible to have your battery die right in the middle of an important recording.

As an example: I have already recorded for eight hours straight and then still used my nh900 for music playback on a 'daytrip': train Brussels-London (= 3hours music playback); London conference 10am-18pm (=8hours recording); train London->Brussels (=3hours music playback). My fully loaded sony 1000gumstick and AA-addon could handle this, but I'm mostly concerned with the brilliant summer festivals we have here in Belgium: three to four days of excellent music and no powersupply to charge overnight shout.gif I NEED MORE POWER!!

Can someone please answer the following question please:

1- On the subject of Sony NH-14WM can I charge that up in my mini disc or will I have to buy another charger/adapter. Will there be any problems if I use a Sony NH-14WM instead of the recommended NH - 10WM (i.e. will the player warm up or what)?

2- Is it compatible with the Sony MZ-NH 900 Hi-MD mini disc player?

3- How much more capacity can I get out of the Sony NH-14WM

batt-life becomes a question when you go and record stuff...

it's horrible to have your battery die right in the middle of an important recording.

As an example: I have already recorded for eight hours straight and then still used my nh900 for music playback on a 'daytrip': train Brussels-London (= 3hours music playback); London conference 10am-18pm (=8hours recording); train London->Brussels (=3hours music playback). My fully loaded sony 1000gumstick and AA-addon could handle this, but I'm mostly concerned with the brilliant summer festivals we have here in Belgium: three to four days of excellent music and no powersupply to charge overnight shout.gif  I NEED MORE POWER!!

Well, I suggest you get yourself some rechargeable AA batteries, or even disposable AAs as standbys then, especially for the 3-4 day festivals. At least you have the option with the NH900 - I've got an NH1, so am stuck with the internal battery only. Although I hope to get a second battery for it someday if I can.

Can someone please answer the following question please:

1- On the subject of Sony NH-14WM can I charge that up in my mini disc or will I have to buy another charger/adapter. Will there be any problems if I use a Sony NH-14WM instead of the recommended NH - 10WM (i.e. will the player warm up or what)?

2- Is it compatible with the Sony MZ-NH 900 Hi-MD mini disc player?

3- How much more capacity can I get out of the Sony NH-14WM

1. Yes you can charge, it may take longer but it will work.

2. See #1, so YES

3. It depends on your use, but if you are gettign about 10hrs currently, then you may get 13-14hrs

I mentioned somewhere here that I've had some success with using a rechargeable battery intended for use with digital cameras, which seems to provide something like 24 hrs recording, while being reasonably compact. I connect it via the charging cradle as that's convenient for my purposes - connection via the charger socket is also an option.

just been looking through some of the old posts/threads using the search function(!!), as I was sure this was already quite extensively covered (as are a LOT of the topics brought up by the new and old HiMD users tongue.gif ) so I came up with this list:

for kurisu's tips on batteries:

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?act=ST&f=90&t=7423

for a good deal on sony's 1400mAh battery, this retailer was mentioned on MDCF:

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prod...aitem=4&mitem=6

also for us NH900 and NH1 users out there, seems from mid 2005, there will be a disposable sollution (was also covered in a topic, but got lost in the big MDCF-crash of early April cray.gif ) which could be usefull as a back-up:

http://www.duracell.com/products/prismatics.asp?id=41&

so, for the moment, I'm just looking whether I can get a good deal on Sony's 1400mAh (in Europe, so the shipping is important and goldmine won't ship internationally under $50, and I definitely do not need THAT much batteries biggrin.gif ) and if I can't find any, maybe this could be nice (and I can just pick it up at my local retailer):

GP PowerBank/Audio:2 x GP 1450 mAh NiMH prismatic batteries+loader

(image and description available on http://www.gppowerbank.co.uk/powerBankRange.html)

Edited by The Low Volta

was this a typo, did you mean "has NO problems with it" or did you actually mean this and you use an external charger (which one?, what price?)? Just asking 'cause I too saw that 1450 GP(powerbank)-stick in a shop and was very interested in bying it myself...

thanks

It was a typo. Sorry. Original version is now corrected.

Edited by Latexxx

Some retailers sell those batteries without the loader.

yep, I saw them at a local shop, but I was still not sure whether the nh900 could charge 'em itself... so thanks for the correction Latexxx, this saves me quite some money bigsmile.gif 'cause now I can just go and buy this rather cheap GP-stick I saw without worrying!

thanks all for another usefull tip from MDCF

I posted something similar in another thread, but here is the gist:

I have ordered 2 x 1350 mAh gumsticks and a charger from here and this is the charger. (2 day delivery - really impressed)

I am trying it out tonight so will report back shortly. Also can charge AA cells - so you can really get your power!!!

On a (slightly) associated note, does anyone know how the bookmarks are saved on the NH900? Or more importantly, if I remove all power to the unit, will I lose stored bookmark lists? I ask before I simply switch gumsticks and lose the bookmark lists I already have stored.

mal.

have bought my 1450mAh GP stick today and am trying to wear the batt out after charging it for the first time... at first I thought it was only going to last a couple of hours (at the first charge-cycles at least), especially as it rapidly dropped from full to one bar left (playing through my big sennheiser-power absorbing 'phones and with the remote backlight permanently on) and then it started flashing the 'almost no batt left'-sign... but since then it's been playing (with big 'phones and backlight and blinking sign) for five hours straight!?! I can't wait to see this baby in action when it's been primed...

let the good times begin

btw, I bought this 1450mAh GP gumstick batt brand new for 9euro which is about $10.80... don't think I did a bad deal there

have bought my 1450mAh GP stick today and am trying to wear the batt out after charging it for the first time... at first I thought it was only going to last a couple of hours (at the first charge-cycles at least), especially as it rapidly dropped from full to one bar left (playing through my big sennheiser-power absorbing 'phones and with the remote backlight permanently on) and then it started flashing the 'almost no batt left'-sign... but since then it's been playing (with big 'phones and backlight and blinking sign) for five hours straight!?! I can't wait to see this baby in action when it's been primed...

let the good times begin

btw, I bought this 1450mAh GP gumstick batt brand new for 9euro which is about $10.80... don't think I did a bad deal there

I know - I got my nh900 the other day and with the original battery, first time charge, on line out mode (mainly) it went on for about 10-12 hours!!! I was well impressed. biggrin.gif

yep, with the original battery, that was kind of the duration I could get, but I wanted a bit extra, so I invested in a new battery (and dug up some older but ok rechargable AA's for the addon...) so now I'm ready to tackle some concerts, at least if I get my other problem ( http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=9546&hl= )solved wacko.gif

I don't want to double post (even in different forums), so for an update on my GP stick performance... see

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=9523&hl=

Edited by The Low Volta