M-audio Drop The Bomb

Rate this topic

grimleyj

Damn ... feck ... sh**e ...

I JUST got my rh-10 (strictly for sampling purposes) and then MAudio announce this ...

New MAudio recorder

The rh-10 is OK for my purposes except downloading linear PCM from the device is S-L-O-W !!! I was under the impression that I could just drag and drop from windows explorer and over USB it would be reasonably quick. I couldn't believe it when I saw that the amount of time to transfer to the PC as as long as the actual recording. Ahh well, it will do in the short-term.

-grimley

Damn ... feck ... sh**e ...

I JUST got my rh-10 (strictly for sampling purposes) and then MAudio announce this ...

New MAudio recorder

The rh-10 is OK for my purposes except downloading linear PCM from the device is S-L-O-W !!!  I was under the impression that I could just drag and drop from windows explorer and over USB it would be reasonably quick.  I couldn't believe it when I saw that the amount of time to transfer to the PC as as long as the actual recording.  Ahh well, it will do in the short-term.

-grimley

Oooooo.... I hope it goes into production!

What're the specs on your PC, grimleyj?

Not exactly cutting edge, here's the lot:

P4 2.4

Asus P4PE

Windows XP Pro (tweaked for audio recording)

1GB PC2700

2 x 250GB SATA RAID 0 (audio)

1 x 100 GB ATA133 Samples

1 x 80 GB ATA133 System

1 x 250GB external USB 2.0 (Backups)

Matrox P650 dual head

RME HDSP 9652

2 x UAD-1

1 x TC PoCo (PCI)

Midex 8

The rh-10 is OK for my purposes except downloading linear PCM from the device is S-L-O-W !!!  I was under the impression that I could just drag and drop from windows explorer and over USB it would be reasonably quick.  I couldn't believe it when I saw that the amount of time to transfer to the PC as as long as the actual recording.  Ahh well, it will do in the short-term.

-grimley

Obviously no one's there to see how slow it is for you, but for PCM it isn't expected to be fast. It'll be faster with smaller files - ie, atrac recordings, particularly hi-lp. You must remember PCM recordings are large, and the HiMD magneto-optical discs aren't fast.