Black NW-HD5 Pictorial

Rate this topic

I had to buy it myself :ol_biggrin: haha, I thought the price I paid for the hd5 wasnt too much for me to get the remote, I wasnt going to get caught navigating with my hd5 in my hand all the time (like alot of other mp3 players which i wont name) , and my earphones are the short cord versions, the attatchment bit of cable you get with them just adds extra weight which i didnt like. The remote really is a no brainer as im sure you've experienced. It keeps the unit safe in ur pocket, and lets you do everything you can do on the unit itself. Using any other remote would be pointless, unless you had unit mode on and had it shuffle play mode for all the tracks on you hd5, like a giant random machine. I know the remote is silver, and doesnt match the black hd5 as well as the silver, but i thought :ol_rolleyes: the whole reason why im getting the remote is to keep my hd5 hidden and safe in my pocket, no one will even see it. But IMO, i think they do look pretty hot together :ol_cool:

Edited by mercury_in_flames

I really wanted to get some shots of the screen with the inverted view, i.e with white background and black lettering as it is a lot brighter and the text is a little easier to read when scrolling, but i couldnt get to the pictures to come out clear. If i succeed I will add them later. For now though, heres a link to a few piccies of the infamous rm-mc40elk (also my pics): http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=12853

Well, here are the pics of the unit with the inverted option: Clearer and brighter, but no doubt will eat the battery life faster.

closeuponscreen.jpg

iconsbigger.jpg

biggerofwhitescreen1.jpg

• 4 months later...

Nice shots. I had the opportunity to compare my red unit with a black unit side by side. I dont know maybe Im not impartial, but the black buttons make it looks too dark and simple, maybe if they were red.. huh, that would be killer.

• 2 months later...

lol, yeah that would've been cool, red buttons. You know what would have been cooler? If sony had released special stick on 'tatoos' or 'skins' for the hd5, like the two version they showed when it came out :P

*edit*

added GIF images of a few of the animations with the RM-MC40ELK to post no.1 of the review.