I'm Scared

Rate this topic

FrzzMan

Hi dudes, just got my new NH3D this afternoon, as the unit arrived I'm not there to sign for the delivery, and my friend decided to help me out (scare me to death) by accept the delivery for me.

He opened the box and take out the charger and plug it directly in the 220v power outlet, but the charger is only accept 100v :cry: it's a Japan version...

After I got home I beat him up to (near) death and take out the charger right away...

What should I do now??? According to my friend, the unit still sing (since he listening to my other MDs when the unit is in the cradle)... is that mean the charger still work???

But the battery maybe dead, he said that he has the battery on charge for nearly an hour before I take the charger out of the power outlet, but the player still can't power up for any second sad.gif even the remote didn't show up anything sad.gif

What should I do now??? Should I try to plug the charger into the (correct voltage) power outlet again??? Should I try to charge the battery???

Man I've just got the unit today and I don't want it to be returned for a replace, and maybe the dealer doesn't allow replace for wrong voltage usage.

Well, please help, I'm going to see if my friend has dead yet... hope he still alive, don't want to have a death sentence over and MD player...

Above paragraph is a joke biggrin.gif

most likely the charger is fried but gave no current on to the battery.

atleast if i got my electric knowhow in the right order...

alltho im a bit surprised that the friend didnt get any special effect out of this trick, stuffing 220 onto a 110 should in theory lead to a spectacular overload (or maybe the watts pulled wasnt enough, i have my info from people flipping the pc power unit to the wrong current).

It should be fine, iv done that loads of times on my Aiwa PX370 years ago and the charger never fried. Most chargers probably shuts off when the voltage is too high. I believe that is so with Aiwa chargers and since Aiwa is 50% owned by Sony (last time I checked), Sony shouldnt be that different.

• 2 weeks later...