New Hi-MD [clear Blue] Disc Available Soon!

Rate this topic

Christopher

These are much nicer than the black ones with the big cases. They are back to the unbreakable soft plastic cases of the regular sony mds too and a nice see through blue shell to boot.

The new ones have been around Toronto (Canada) for about 3 months or so. I have found them for as cheap as $10 each or 3 for $28 (Plus taxes). I also see that www.minidisc-canada.com has them as well.

I can't get enough of these.

I picked mine up for SG$10 in Singapore.  Not seen them in the UK yet.

I'm able to report that the clear blue discs are also now available in Hong Kong for the same price as in Singapore (US$6.00/disc). Its the same white outer plastic cover as in Singapore too. I'm not sure when they were first available in the shops in Mong Kok (since I've been away for a few weeks) but I'm glad they've arrived. I prefer the new clear blue disc over the original 1Gb discs anyday!

biggrin.gif

Just picked up 5 of the blue crystal 1GB Hi-MDs - for £6.99 each (at Dixons for those in the UK). To be honest I'm slightly underwhelmed by the discs, they're OK, but really nothing special to look at.

Annoyingly too, there's not enough space to attach a large printed label, unlike the older Hi-MDs. So I'll stick with the latter mostly, thank you very much... rolleyes.gif

I picked mine up for SG$10 in Singapore.  Not seen them in the UK yet.

heahti...can you tell me where in Singapore you bought yours? I'll be working in Singapore for a couple months and would like to pick up a couple of colourful hi-MDs. I'll be working at a hostel right up the street from Sim Lim Center. Last I was there the MD (not to mention Hi-MD) selection was impoverished, to say the least blink.gif

Until then, I'll have to be happy buying purple-red hi-MDs here in Australia for CAD4.30 each wink.gif

peace

WaywardTraveller