Broken Headphones - Need Replacement

Rate this topic

ReflexGirl

My headphones have started to break in one ear (after buying this minidisc player and having infinite problems with it I have decided never to buy anything made by Sony ever again. Are they simply unable to make things which dont fall apart in 5 seconds?) and I'd like to get a replacement set.

Basically Im looking for those basic ones with the short cord that you plug into the remote control so that I dont end up getting tangled up in masses of wire. Want to get some off ebay if possible, but I dont know what to type into the seach engine. Can anyone help me out?

• 2 weeks later...

i think perhaps Reflex can make up her own mind. please refrain from directly criticising other's suggestions due to your opinion silva.

your best option Reflex is to put a WTB [wanted to buy] notice for included buds [e808,828, 931] here, on minidisc tstation & headfi. many people don't uses included buds & have a few sets just lying around.

HAHAHA, u'll never find shortcord headphones made by ne other company other than Sony!

Thats the truth

audio technica, sennheiser, koss, aiwa, panasonic, sony, pioneer & sharp all make short corded headphones in the $15-100 bracket.

meh!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Meh

how charming of you. perhaps you were agreeing?

RE: cutting and splicing headphone leads. I earlier had tried doing that on a measly $20 pair of Yamaha phones that I bought for the kiddies' use with a Clavinova piano. But they were comfy while sitting playing the piano. The wires going into the 1/4 inch phono plug had apparentlly broken from abuse, and I figgered I could fix it with a simple $2 replacement plug from Radio Shack...hah. Those wires are thinner than human hair...there were like four different colors, and some of them were color-coated, not just insulated wires. It would have cost me no less than 5 years' worth of emotional wherewithal to try to fix those puppies, and I consider myself fairly game at trying to fix stuff.

My Sony Fonotopias did me well for about 5 years and then the left channel failed; didn't discover it until an intercontinental flight *sigh*. I picked up a really nice pair of new Sonys which have the best dynamic range I've ever seen in a pair of ear buds, plus the speaker goes right into the ear canal and has silicone sleeves which reduces external noise and I find much more comfortable than the normal foam/rubber covers.

I think the model is MDREX715LW and they're under US$100. They have a very short cord and come with an extension in case you don't have a remote. Available in white and black. They've got a 1 year guarantee, so it can't hurt.

My headphones have started to break in one ear (after buying this minidisc player and having infinite problems with it I have decided never to buy anything made by Sony ever again. Are they simply unable to make things which dont fall apart in 5 seconds?) and I'd like to get a replacement set.

Basically Im looking for those basic ones with the short cord that you plug into the remote control so that I dont end up getting tangled up in masses of wire. Want to get some off ebay if possible, but I dont know what to type into the seach engine. Can anyone help me out?

Panasonic's HEJ50 canal-buds come in the short cord style. Also sounds much better than EX71s. And comes in white. Did I mention it's $20 cheaper?

There are drawbacks though, the tips are incredibly thin and flimsy, and they are tons more microphonic/stethoscopic than the EX series.

• 3 weeks later...