GYM | Network Walkman BROWSER-PLAYER-EXTRACTOR

xispe

Hi!

I've been developing a homemade genre/artist/album browser for my nw-hd5.

I managed to figure out the structure of the files inside OMGAUDIO to get the information about all the tracks saved in the player.

So i constructed a small program for browsing the tracks in an itunes like interface :ol_eyepatch: COOL! :D

Here goes a screen shot!

hd5browser.png

I figured out also where the matching OMA files are kept in the various subdirectories under OMGAUDIO.

I've made some testings on changing artist / genre / album names and it works. There are independent files for artists, albums and genres :)

Well.. i've seen somewhere that someone had figured out the mechanism for encoding and decoding mp3 files (via mp3filemanager). If i get that code, I think it's possible to make a fine replacement for mp3filemanager! And even a player! :ol_biggrin::ol_biggrin:

Future work:

- Read your comments.

- Publish this stuff and code for you to try it out in other devices.

- Editing Genre/Artist/Album information.

- ?? create a sonicstage replacement ? :ol_biggrin::ol_biggrin:

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New version! :) New icons and cool stuff!

browser4.png

(Yes i drawn the icons by hand by looking at the player!) :ol_dead::ol_biggrin:

Executable:

http://www.uninova.pt/~rmf/nwhddbrowser/Ne...kmanBrowser.zip

Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 to be installed on the system. If not installed, download it from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Source code (C#, Visual Studio .NET 2003):

http://www.uninova.pt/~rmf/nwhddbrowser/Ne...owserSource.zip

Just run the program, it will look for the device, (a drive containg OMGAUDIO directory with the file 04CNTINF.DAT).

The software was tested only using a SINGLE HD5. I don't know if the filenames change in other devices. Nothing is written to the device, so you shouldn't loose anything by running the problem. Even if you do, I shall not be held resposible :ol_biggrin::ol_biggrin:

Have fun!

thanks! ;) Wait big news on this later... i'm having success in decoding mp3 files directly from the player! :D

EDIT: opps the keys used for encoding depend not only on track number, but also on the device Identifier... :ol_dead::ol_cry:

Edited by xispe

Ok! Making some real interesting progress now!

After doing some experiments, looking at the OMA files side by side with their mp3 correspondence I noticed that 4 substitution cyphers where used.

For instance, in the mp3 file i had the sequence:

UUUUUUUU

and in the oma i had:

XWERXWER

So, for the first byte, U gets replaced with X, the second gets replaced with W, the third with E, and the forth with X.

So i had the ideia to generate an mp3 file with some intellegent trash at the end. I wrote all the possible bytes (from 00 to FF) in groups of four in hexadecimal, something like:

FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FE ... until 00 00 00 00

Then i uploaded the file to the player using mp3 file manager, and looked at the resulting OMA file.

I produced a small program for generating the 4 substitution cyphers, given a source mp3 file (with that trash at the end) and the resulting OMA file :). So I got the 4 substition cyphers for this file.

Then I deleted the file in mp3 file manager, and uploaded a real mp3! As this track was given the same id (the previous one was deleted), the cypher for encoding is the same! So, i could successfully extract the original mp3 file from the OMA file, using the cypher discovered with my trashy file! :ol_biggrin::ol_biggrin:

So, the idea is to get all the substition cyphers possible, at up to "n" tracks.

Now the trick, I renamed the directory OMGAUDIO to OMGAUDIO_, opened MP3 File Manager and had a clean player, with no tracks. (But all my previous tracks were there).

So what I did was generate lots of trashy files, to upload to MP3 File Manager, for it to encode and for figuring out the cyphers for each track number. (numbers now starting by 1, as OMGAUDIO is empty!)

I used 5000 tracks, which i think is more than enough. (In my hd5 i have 1gb free and have around 2800 tracks).

After loading all of these, I modified my program, to compare the original file with all the encoded files, and to build a database of cyphers, to use in each track number!

(5 megabyte binary file)

After finishing that and saving all the cyphers in a file, I renamed the full of trash OMGAUDIO to OMGAUDIO crack, and renamed back OMGAUDIO_ to OMGAUDIO. This way i had my tracks back on MP3 File Manager and on the player it self.

Now, I had to do was to use the cyphers that i got, to decode the files in the player! Guess what!? IT WORKED! :ol_smile:

As for the results, i think the images are pretty nice :ol_cool::ol_lol:

Winamp playing a track just extracted from the hd5 ! :ol_lol:

post-6589-1111454820_thumb.jpg

About to extract a full album! ahahaha sony!!!

Image2.png

Just select the output folder...

Image3.png

Look! Where the heck is the DRM ? :ol_shocked:

Image5.png

Playing back the legal tracks in winamp! :ol_rolleyes:

Image6.png

I'm going to automate as much as possible all that process of generating the keys, for you to test on your devices. I think that the keys are also dependent on the device Id... (check the DvID.dat in the Mp3 File Manager directory). I tried to change it, and the tracks didn't play on the player :ol_smile:

[thanks to http://www.livejournal.com/users/waider/415461.html , for giving me the substitution cypher clue :ol_smile: ]

Edited by Ishiyoshi

This is brilliant! I hope you don't mind that I edited Image1.png as an attachment because it's too large for the window.

Keep up the good work! Are you planning to incorporate compression options?

When you are ready to consolidate your work, please create a separate thread with concise walkthrough or description and I will pinned that thread accordingly. This thread will remain the discussion thread for your brilliant work. :ol_smile:

well, i don't know, maybe in the future. The main objective was to do a reverse mp3filemanager. This along with mp3filemanager allows people to move in and out their mp3s, what is very useful.

You are quite right. What you have done will help many of those that suffer from mandatory initialization. Thanks for sharing this with the community.

The version on the server doesn't have the save feature yet. I would ask you to wait a bit till the end of this week, it's going to be a busy week at work :ol_dead:

You have to install .NET Framework before using the application.

I did a test with atrac files, they were downloaded, but winamp didn't played them (of course). I didn't test in importing these files back in Sonic Stage. Maybe it works, maybe not i'll try later :ol_fatpleased:

Thanks for the support :ol_smile:

This is fantastic, cant wait to give it a try!

I tried to do something similar myself a while ago but it was a bit ambitious as Im just learning to program. I didnt get very far before I was out of my depth... I will watch with interest and hopefully learn some new stuff.

Keep up the great work!

Dude...saw the beginning of this thread a week ago...and right now...I could just about kiss you.

No more Sonicstage hopefully - which means no more trashy crappy software! woohoo!

One question - do you guys think it will be possible to convert the oringally MP3 file thats now a OMA back to the orig MP3 - without reripping (don't wanna degrade the quality more and more, but I probably won't even notice...

Edited by Minger

Dude...saw the beginning of this thread a week ago...and right now...I could just about kiss you.

No more Sonicstage hopefully - which means no more trashy crappy software! woohoo!

One question - do you guys think it will be possible to convert the oringally MP3 file thats now a OMA back to the orig MP3 - without reripping (don't wanna degrade the quality more and more, but I probably won't even notice...

Yeah there r software available which can convert omg to mp3.

Edit#

pl follow the instructios given in the following page:

http://www.atraclife.com/index.php?showtopic=333

Edited by Stuge

It recovert it into mp3(lame).futher u can ask me .But i have given tutorial on how to convert oma to mp3 on the above given link

Remember this is just a beta software so there r many flaws in it.

For futher information pl post ur comments on the above link (Converting ATRAC (OMG) to Mp3) as this disturbs the on going topic discussion

Edited by Stuge