GYM | Network Walkman BROWSER-PLAYER-EXTRACTOR

xispe

I said it doesn't work, I also tried the mp3 manager but no device was found, I use CP, the connect player, which works fine for me.

I only have the A1000 now, A3000 should be in next week.

Ahhh my mistake. Must have misread... got all excited there for a minute. heh.

Yeah connect player works fine enough for me, slugish, but it works. The reason I want to get GYM working is so I can get music OFF the A1000 after its been loaded through connect player. Sure I can just copy the mp3s over as data if I want to offload them somewhere, but thats a waste of space and I've only got 6gb to work with in the beginning!

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it doesn't work, I also tried the mp3 manager but no device was found, I use CP, the connect player, which works fine for me.

I only have the A1000 now, A3000 should be in next week.

Bad news:

But i`m sure Xispe will be working on this ....

This doesnt work with my HD5. I started with the earliest version up to the last update. First it didnt play anything. Now only plays mp3 files but says cant play ATRAC files. When I try to extract it only extracts the name of the folder with no files in it if that is mp3, but never extracts ATRAC files... says extracting in the bottom but nothing happens. So am I the only idiot here?

I've asked this questions numerous times but no one could give me a specific reply yet they states it simply works.

How can i get the mp3file manager to install on my hd3 walkman. People claim it's duable. When i try installing it the software can't recognize any removable audio devices on my computer.

Is there a way to to get it to work?

What i really want to do is be able to upload mp3 without having sonic or viao software convert them to atrac. I don't mind the sony copy protection but it takes a long longer to have to convert them.

I hope someone can help me with this. thanks in advance

How can i get the mp3file manager to install on my hd3 walkman. People claim it's duable. When i try installing it the software can't recognize any removable audio devices on my computer.

mp3file manager is compatible with "NW-HD3".It worked with my Nw-hd3

Try to install the drivers again

PA_Driver.exe ( 1.7 Mb )

Edited by Stuge

Oh, I see... Thanx for the answer, then why it doesnt extract any of my mp3's stored in my HD5? Only a folder appears, but empty.

Well... but if you can play back the tracks you should be able to save them. Do you have free hard disk space ? thanks

I was finally able to get GYM 1.11 running on an NW-A1000! Woohoo! This probably works on an A3000 too but I have no way to test it.

The only catch is that it seems to only export tracks that were transferred to the player in mp3 format. Eg. mp3 in = mp3 out. If you convert your tracks to Atrac/Atrac3/Atrac3plus while transfering them to your player it wont export them, it just creates an empty folder. I’m not sure if this is a limitation of GYM or if it because it's running on an A1000 and not on an HD5.

This whole GYM installation process will only work on the A1000 using Sonic Stage to transfer the generated keys to the player (instead of MP3FileManager which wont install on A1000). But, before you scream… "Ohhhh but I wont be able to use my artist link and top 100 shuffle if I use Sonic Stage!", I was able to get it working with Connect Player after getting GYM installed with Sonic Stage.

I put installation instructions along with all of the needed support files here: http://www.gaugestudios.com/nwa1000/

If someone finds some errors in the instructions, has an easier way to do this or hell, maybe this ends up working for no one but me, drop me a line at ltmayonnaise@gmail.com

WOW! That's really impressive ! :ol_biggrin:

I happy that you found a way of making our GYM work with the new portables. Sony guys must be nuts right now! bahahhahaha!

Nice that sonic stage also works for transfering the dummy tracks. I stepped away of that solution because it would mess with peoples library, and I didn't knew how would sonic stage react to add lets say.. 5000 or 10000 tracks in one shot to the library. You know, I had enough of sonicstage :ol_bah: lol, but nice it works! it's a different way of getting gym working! :ol_smile:

GYM only extracts MP3 files, so as you said: mp3 in = mp3 out.

Thanks for hosting GYM! :ol_biggrin:

Edited by xispe

Huh, I must have been doing something wrong earlier, since now it works.

:ol_bah:

But it says the files are atrac in nature, when I transferred them all over as mp3s.

Perhaps CP transferred them over as atrac without telling me, but I choose only convert to atrac if the file is not supported and all info via the player for the files states they are mp3.

hmm.

WOW! That's really impressive !  :ol_biggrin:

I happy that you found a way of making our GYM work with the new portables. Sony guys must be nuts right now! bahahhahaha!

Nice that sonic stage also works for transfering the dummy tracks. I stepped away of that solution because it would mess with peoples library, and I didn't knew how would sonic stage react to add lets say.. 5000 or 10000 tracks in one shot to the library. You know, I had enough of sonicstage  :ol_bah:  lol, but nice it works! it's a different way of getting gym working!  :ol_smile:

GYM only extracts MP3 files, so as you said: mp3 in = mp3 out.

Thanks for hosting GYM!  :ol_biggrin:

And thank you for developing such a kick ass application! I love my A1000, the sound quality is impeccable... but I can't stand the limitations they put on it via underdeveloped applications, DRM mania and firmware that pretty much doesn't do anything. I mean hell, the player can't even delete files itself without being connected to Sonic Stage or Connect. Argh. GYM is a step in the right direction for sure. At least now I can transfer music from my player to another machine. Backups and what not :ol_rolleyes:

Quick question, do you intend to try and get GYM working with files that are transcoded to ATRAC/ATRAC3/ATRAC3plus and transferred to the player?

I found an ATRAC3 codec here if you would like to take a look at it: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Sony_A...Audio_Codec.htm

No problem on hosting the A1000/3000 stuff for GYM. I'll continue to do it as well as experiment with GYM on my A1000 as you release new versions. Just an idea, I do a lot of web design/development and if you plan on continuing the development of GYM I'd be willing to work on a site to host it. I noticed you’re on sourceforge, that’s great! We could whip up some artwork and put a nice looking page up with GYM info, downloads and maybe a forum or whatever. You can check out some of my work here: http://www.gaugestudios.com. Let me know if you’re interested, I could probably get started at the beginning of January and of course it would be free of charge :ol_smile:

Thanks a million from all the NW users out there.

ltmayonnaise

I found an ATRAC3 codec here if you would like to take a look at it:

But the problem is i`m` unable to install it ."Checking Installed VIDEO and AUDIO Codecs In Windows XP" in Free codecs is of no help

Edit#2

Hurray !Now i`m able to install it & Don`t use Firefox to download the "ATRAC3 codec" (Use only Internet Explorer) .NOW i`m able to run.omg files with "Windows Media Player"

Windows Media Player even playS songs directly from Network walkman(NW-HD5)

Edited by Stuge

Quick question, do you intend to try and get GYM working with files that are transcoded to ATRAC/ATRAC3/ATRAC3plus and transferred to the player?

Well, I would love to do that.

I've already tried to use the same technique:

- I Picked up an ATRAC3Plus OMA file in sonic stage, and added all the possible values fro 255 (0xFF) to 0 (0x00) at the end (trash) in blocks of 8 bytes, so I can figure out the cypher keys...

- I was able to import the track onto sonicstage library and even play it, but I was unable to transfer the track onto the device... It said that the track could not be transfered.

So I presume that with ATRAC files there is some sort of checksum in the transfering process, to avoid possible hackings.

Anyway this was a 10 minute test...

As this is quite simple, I would be very grateful if someone tried this out. ;)

Cheers :ol_smile:

I'm currently very short of time.

Today I'm going to a conference... be back on thursday

On 17 flying to Madrid...

well maybe in xmas I upload the stuff to sourceforge, release some new versions etc.. lol

Thanks!

Working and GYMnastic is good for health :ol_lol:

I'm working on your AllTracks.cs, you read 04CNTINF.DAT, thats ok.

But i think there's no info about the bitrate in it. maybe on trackHeaderInfo (9-10-11)

i don't understand these values.

I can find the bitrate on the oma file, but do you try to read each files ?

I think it's too long, so no way for the bitrate ???

(the track# is easy)

Bye

Edited by Vovo

Hey Vovo!

I believe there is information on 04CNTINF.DAT about the track lengths... (the type of track i'm using it, I found a pattern for MP3 files and another for ATRAC files, and I use it to detect track type...

But there is another possibility of getting this information for mp3 files.

Decode the first (??) bytes of the MP3 and read the frame header. To figure out the track length, bitrate, and so on.

But it would be slower.

In anyway i believe that 04CNTINF.DAT contains this information. Look at Mp3 File Manager, it displayes the track lenght! In sonic stage the same, plus the codec and bitrate.

You can perform a simple test, that is providing to mp3 file manager tracks with know lengths and bitrates, and see how these get in the file.

Thanks for your cooperation! :P

Hello

I worked on GYM today, to add track length, bitrate and track#.

The only way i find was to read the OMA files, but for 5000 tracks, initialisation

is about 5 minutes, i don't know if it's possible to read only the oma header,

and to find directly a specific bytes sequence in the header,

i do it with an instruction for(),

it's not very efficient. :ol_cry:

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Hello

I worked on GYM today, to add track length, bitrate and track#.

The only way i find was to read the OMA files, but for 5000 tracks, initialisation

is about 5 minutes, i don't know if it's possible to read only the oma header,

and to find directly a specific bytes sequence in the header,

i do it with an instruction for(),

it's not very efficient. :ol_cry:

Any ideas ?

Thanks

it's worth it, it's just made once, even for 5 min.

Once done, you save it like the encodekey and decodekeys

and load it with your own format (database ?)

Just by waiting for a more efficient way...

Would be nice for someone who has an A1000 or A3000 to work on this as well, since even though I transferred all the files across as mp3s, GYM sees them as atrac. :(

We need a new generation NW for that and as far a as i know, none of us bought

one of them. Sorry. :ol_smile:

One day maybe, if xispe gives a paypal donation link, you'll be able to contribute xispe

buy a brand new A1000...

And relax, GYM is quite young...

Great

I display 2 new columns on the track list, time and track number.

I find datas in 04CNTINF.DAT, i don't need to read oma files anymore.

Initialisation is very fast.

I put the track # before the title in the playing screen.

For Xispe, if you want my project...

Would be nice for someone who has an A1000 or A3000 to work on this as well, since even though I transferred all the files across as mp3s, GYM sees them as atrac. :(

You can send me your 04CNTINF.DAT, i want to see if there's another ATRAC/MP3

signature. I'll give you my email by PM.

Bye

I will have to download it off the player first.

ok dat files sent.

The signature is FFFF03 and not FFFE03 !

Are your sure your files are really MP3 ?

If Yes, i'll send you tomorrow another gym.exe with

this signature for testing.

Do you use connect player or SS ?

Bye

Yes they are mp3, using the information option on the A1000, it states all songs are mp3, cbr or vbr, depending on what I transfer.

While on my A3000 I still have the 2 original songs from sony, and while trying the info option, it clearly states, atrac.

Perhaps the A1000 and A3000 does it differently? remember I don't have SS nor the mp3 manager installed, only connect player.

A new version for testing, :ol_rolleyes:

Featuring, new track list with Track#, Time, and Bitrate.

Ok for CBR MP3. Not testing for VBR.

A strange issue, one of my 5000 mp3 is indicated 224kbit/s,

like in sonicstage, but my HD5 says 192kbit/s, perhaps a bug in

SonicStage or MP3FileManager, 04CNTINF.DAT contains erroneous values.

GYM can't decode this file, i'm going to look at the real MP3.

The mp3 signature is OK it's not ATRAC.

Bye

GYM for testing

I'm waiting for Xispe to talk about these modifications :ol_love:

Edited by Vovo

I am getting an error:

to run this application you must first install one of the following versions of .Net Framework

v2.0.50727

I have .Net framework installed, but I am not sure what version it is, I downloaded it only 2 weeks ago.

Yes i've got the same error at house, we need to install .net V2

I understand now why the .exe is so small :ol_biggrin:

And why i add g_SaveTracksThread.SetApartmentState(System.Threading.ApartmentState.STA);

for the dialog box

OK with : Framework 2.0 : x86 (KB829019)

Edited by Vovo

Hello :)

I'm a belgian user and I only speak french, so excuse me for my poor english ;-).

So, i've tested your program, in the version 1.11 i think... When i try to install it, it says me "MP3 file manager not found"...

Wo, i've downloaded that program, and i try to install it... But it doesn't detect my sony NW-HD1!

So, i can finish the installation... What can i do?

Thanks in advance ;)

(please answer with a easy english ^^)

edit: [french mode] haha j'ai vu qu'il y avait des francophones ici ^^. Bon, en gros mon seul probleme est que j'ai changé de pc et donc de disque dur etc, ce qui fait que toutes mes musiques se trouvent sur mon lecteur NW-HD1... J'aimerais les remettres sur mon pc, et pour ca, j'ai vu que GYM marchait assez bien.. Seulement chez moi il marche pas?

d'apres ce que j'avais compris, ca pouvait sauvegarder les fichiers ATRAC de mon NW-hd1 en fichier MP3 sur mon pc? je me trompe?

merci d'avance ^^[/french mode]

Edited by lesk8vaincra

Hey Vovo! :D

Great! you found out how to do deal with the track time and bitrate!

I've been out in a conference, and what a suprise to see a new GYM version!!

The track list looks very nice with those new columns ;)

I've tested allright your last version...

Now we some slight problems:

1. I don't use Visual Studio 2005. :ol_biggrin:

2. In past week I've done some non-relased enhancements such as:

- Multi select for saving tracks...

- Title with the current music playing

- Minimize to tray

- ... and some other things that I don't remember anymore lol

So during the weekend, if you put the code avaiable somewhere, I will merge both versions. Ok ?

Nice!

Thanks! Now we are making real progresses!

From 17 December to 19 December i will be abroad, so think on the next thing to develop Vovo :ol_lol::ol_rolleyes::ol_smile:

I'm a belgian user and I only speak french, so excuse me for my poor english ;-).

So, i've tested your program, in the version 1.11 i think... When i try to install it, it says me "MP3 file manager not found"...

Wo, i've downloaded that program, and i try to install it... But it doesn't detect my sony NW-HD1!

Is your NW-HD1 upgraded to play mp3 files ? Maybe that's why MP3 File Manager refuses to install. Factory NW-HD1s only play ATRAC files...

Thanks

Thanks in advance ;)

(please answer with a easy english ^^)

edit: [french mode] haha j'ai vu qu'il y avait des francophones ici ^^. Bon, en gros mon seul probleme est que j'ai changé de pc et donc de disque dur etc, ce qui fait que toutes mes musiques se trouvent sur mon lecteur NW-HD1... J'aimerais les remettres sur mon pc, et pour ca, j'ai vu que GYM marchait assez bien.. Seulement chez moi il marche pas?

d'apres ce que j'avais compris, ca pouvait sauvegarder les fichiers ATRAC de mon NW-hd1 en fichier MP3 sur mon pc? je me trompe?

merci d'avance ^^[/french mode]

You need to install MP3FileManager and if you have a OMGAUDIO directory

with a file 04CNTINF.DAT on your HD1 all is ready for GYM.

Bye

Is your NW-HD1 upgraded to play mp3 files ? Maybe that's why MP3 File Manager refuses to install. Factory NW-HD1s only play ATRAC files...

Thanks

argle xD

Your program doesn't read or copy ATRAC file?

Because i had 200 albums on my computer, but i've bought another one, with a new HDD... And i've lost my MP3, but not my ATRAC files, which are on my NWhd1...

The thing i want to do is convert the ATRAC files which are on my player to MP3 files on my computer... Do you think you'll build a function like that?

Thank you for all ^^

You need to install MP3FileManager and if you have a OMGAUDIO directory

with a file 04CNTINF.DAT on your HD1 all is ready for GYM.

Bye

Yes, i have that file ;)

Edited by lesk8vaincra

Hello Xispe

You're back, i hope a good conference :ol_groucho:

I downloaded studio 2005, cause it's free, but now i'm with .net 2.0,

and i think there's some little differences with the 1.1.

The dialog box for choosing a destination where save tracks was missing !

I make a modif for this, others additions were on AllTracks.cs TrackList.cs

and Main.cs of course.

My strange issue with a track (224kb) is corrected, i reencode it on reupload

and its ok, says 192 !

I test with an ATRAC album at the top of list, it's not cool cause the first

thing happening is an error decoding file, even if you try to play a mp3 file,

GYM try to decode the first file of the list (preload)

Another strange issue was that mp3 are playing sometimes too quickly (2x)

i think it's my version but i don't understand why.

So where can i send you my project ? (PM)

Bye and good night :ol_biggrin:

Do you try mp3 with VBR bitrate ?

You like the columns order ?

THE SOUND BUG IS AWFUL, a track is playing well and the next is inaudible, i pause

and restart and thats ok (always 2 tracks ok and the third awful) :ol_exclaim:

Edited by Vovo