How Did You Find Minidisc Community Forums?

Rate this topic

Christopher

How did you find MDCF?  

1. 1. How did you find MDCF?

• Google, Yahoo, MSN, alltheweb, and any other search engine.
    • Forum Focus or that big banner on minidisc.org
    • Link on the Minidisc T-Board
    • Other [please post what it is in a reply]

QUOTE(MZ Addicted @ Nov 20 2005, 05:34 AM) *

Lurking here a bit I discovered I really liked the moderators and the general flow.

some of them can be real pricks

is that A joke or for real ? :)

Hmmmmm ?

Cheeers, ...

I was searching on google for info site on Mini Discs - and .... "I got You baby" :)

And I'm thrilled to pieces :)

Edited by Human

QUOTE(MZ Addicted @ Nov 20 2005, 05:34 AM) *

Lurking here a bit I discovered I really liked the moderators and the general flow.

is that A joke or for real ? :)

Hmmmmm ?

Cheeers, ...

I was searching on google for info site on Mini Discs - and .... "I got You baby" :)

And I'm thrilled to pieces :)

i guess it's up to others to see humour in my posts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have know about MD.org for a year or so, always reading the news that pops up and getting the answers that I very much needed. I finally joined because I have been thinking about getting into HI-MDs laty. :P and this place is the best for what is in the MD world

Hope to make a lot of friends here and get the info I need. :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My old MZ-R37 was recently stolen. I found the forum while looking for a replacement by accident. I`m new here and am thrilled to find others into Mini-Disc recording and SOME info on these things!!

PS will some body please enlighten me on how to add attactments and post my recordings here :wacko::blink: !!

My old MZ-R37 was recently stolen. I found the forum while looking for a replacement by accident. I`m new here and am thrilled to find others into Mini-Disc recording and SOME info on these things!!

PS will some body please enlighten me on how to add attactments and post my recordings here :wacko::blink: !!

Welcome!

As a registered member, you can utilize the live recordings gallery of the forum and share your recordings with members alike. Please refer to this thread for instructions.

How do you add a recording to an album to post in the gallery?? I added an album but there is no file attachment at the bottom of the screen like with a normal post :wacko::huh: . I posted a clip but can't seem to find a way to link them. the help section lists nothing on this so what am I missing??

How do you add a recording to an album to post in the gallery?? I added an album but there is no file attachment at the bottom of the screen like with a normal post :wacko::huh: . I posted a clip but can't seem to find a way to link them. the help section lists nothing on this so what am I missing??

You will need to create your own album within the "Gallery." To do this: access "My Controls>Your Albums>Create Album within "Welcome to your control panel." If you need further assistance, please drop me a pm.

I found this forum and minidisc.org back in the summer of 2003 when I was working night shift and trying to decide on my first MD purchase.

I ended up with the Sharp DR7 based on the info and reviews I read here. That's what got me started. I joined in 2003 but had to rejoin (forgot my credentials) in 2004.

One of my favorite places online (if you haven't noticed :wub: ).

Long live MDCF/Minidisc.org and all of its children (Atraclife,etc)!!!

• 2 months later...

I found minidisc.org (and the forums, subsequently) in June or July 2004 via a link at the bottom of the MiniDisc entry in the German Wikipedia. But due to restricted spare time and extensive activity @ minidiscforum.de it took me until October 2005 to register... B)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I joined actually to help someone who was asking about a Sony Microphone , The ECM-23F3 , A violin player I believe , I was searching for a second one for a set ( I own one of these mics , and if anyone has one talk to me , I would love to hav a matched set )

I was away for a year , and found that I was still considered on the board , I bought the RH1 and got involved . Thxz for putting up with me .

That is a job I know :crazy:

At first, I didn't know squat about minidiscs. After searching through Ebay's portable audio section and seeing a Minidisc player/recorder for the first time, I was intrigued and started searching the internet about these ingenious little machines. It seemed that I was almost always directed to this vast wealth of information known as The Minidisc Forums. So since November of 2005, I have become quite attached to these wonderful player/recorders and have added to my small collection the following: MZ-R70, MZ-N1, MZ-R500, MZ-NH600D(x3), MZ-NF810, MZ-NH700(Silver), MZ-DH10P, and last but not least, the magnificent MZ-RH1(Black). I can only thank the Ladies and Gentlemen of this forum for directing me to my favorite way of recording and listening to music for the last year and a half or so. CHEERS to MDCF ! !

• 5 months later...

I am trying to revive an old MZ-N710 . I have downloaded sonic stage ,but the bloody ting doesn't let me return my band recordings to either my mac or PC . The headphone socket is dodgy , so I am looking for a service manual to repair the headphone socket . I always wanted a minidisc , but the stupid over the top protection by sony has killed my desire stone dead . I joined in the hope of finding a way to fix the md or get a hack to return audio to the pc via the USB .

Phew !!! rant over Merci

I am trying to revive an old MZ-N710 . I have downloaded sonic stage ,but the bloody ting doesn't let me return my band recordings to either my mac or PC . ...I joined in the hope of finding a way to fix the md or get a hack to return audio to the pc via the USB .

The N710 doesn't upload. Never has, never will. Find someone with an RH1 and they will be able to upload the recordings.

When I got my first MD - the somewhat infamous Sony MDS-JE510 deck - in...not sure.....1998? 1999?...It was the current model at the time....anyway, an MD board existed that I found my to. It was great, but got kind of overrun by spam and in any case eventually ended. I forget what it was called; I thought I'd seen an archive of it here at MDCF? When that board went down, we were referred here. I still see some of the same people from it here on MDCF. I think I'm remembering this correctly, all I can say for sure is that there was indeed an MD board that wasn't this one!

Edited by bluecrab

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

3 years ago: i was probably pissed like i am now, with the same problems then as i have now although this time i'm doing something about it (e.g., how to transfer stuff to PC and related qns). . Came accross by chance then (google or via minidisc.org) but only participated now - like yesterday (whilst pissed again) - but had i botherd to participate back then then i would have been an expert now and being one of those would have given me more initative and confidence in doing more field recordings in some remote part of the world whilst pixxed probably (that of course doesn't work and have destroyed 2 cameras as a result but what i have lacked in professionalism i have gained in experience etc but thats a second best)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...