How Did You Find Minidisc Community Forums?

Rate this topic

Christopher

How did you find MDCF?  

1. 1. How did you find MDCF?

• Google, Yahoo, MSN, alltheweb, and any other search engine.
    • Forum Focus or that big banner on minidisc.org
    • Link on the Minidisc T-Board
    • Other [please post what it is in a reply]

i occasionally read the forum as a lurker about 6 months before i joined here & the tboard, came fully into the fold here after kurisu's coup & subsequent invitation.

I discovered it by being amazing and just knowing it was here.

Actually, I was searching for minidisc stuff when I found mindisc.org and mindisct.com but that was before this forum was up so I just joined up there. Later on you guys were pimping this place so much that I just had to join tongue.gif and so I did. Essentially moltar told me to join, lol.

Well it all started when I needed to know if I could transfer a recording from my Hi-MD to my PC, then burn it to a CD in mp3 format... and I had absolutely NO IDEA...

So i went onto google.com, and types in Mindisc Forum, and this forum was probably the 4th result... that looked like an actually forum, so I clicked the link, and here I am today!

I put down the banner on Minidisc.Org... but actually, I'm not quite sure.. I know I'd been using the Minidiscussion forum (which is now sadly all but defunct) which also has links to Minidisc.Org, but come to think of it may actually have been through T-board...

Anyway, they're both great MD resources (T-board and MDCF), and I'm glad they can happily co-exist...

Haha.. yes Chris isn't that amazing I hadn't realised how long I'd been knocking around for... One thing I love about this board is the high level of technical expertise of the contributors - the wild R900/N707 hack was what really impressed me first of all back then... and I'm glad to say the technical tradition has continued and got even better here... smile.gif

Like KJ, I discovered the existence of MDCF via the banner on Minidisc.Org. In addition, I hear good old Moltar from T-Board is running the show over MDCF. And to my delight, the forum is so much more structured and provides quality discussion that I yearned.

So, that's my story.

Cheers, Ishii

Hi there,

Two or three years ago when I was looking for my first unit (MZ-N707 was the final rsult, although I sent enough fund for a 909 and an N1), was doing a lot of searches for MD sites, found this one, and haven't left.

A great group of people, and lots of help.

To a long life,

Bob

I'm not sure what I found first, mindisco.com or minidisc.org. Both were linked to each other. I had also found minidisct.com's forums, but not generally as useful. The color scheme and board software don't do much for me.

I've found people here to be friendly and helpful when answers are available. It's been a great place to read about recording, NetMD and Hi-MD and music related topics in general. I hope this place stays like it is.

through minidisc.org (which I found with a9.com, looking for 'before-I-buy' info and actually with the question nh700 or nh900?) like a lot of ppl here I guess... this was the first MD-forum I found and I must admit, I have never felt the need to look any further: all my questions up untill now have been answered and evne some I hadn't asked yet (the euro-cap hack hurray!)

so keep up the good work! (and indeed, there are a lot of nice ppl around... little flaming or spamming, I really like that, I hate forums where the agression outweighs the info)

Really can't remember but it was a lucky day for me as lots of good advice on this site.

Best of all is if you have a problem or a question the most knowledge and nicest MD'ers are only to glad to help you.

Thanks ""MDCF" for the site & the members for all their help. Looking forward to many more years of enjoying my "MD" and knowing if something goes wrong and I am not sure how to correct it I have all you guys ready to help.

"SONY" don't know how lucky they are to have a resource like this to help them with their "MD" problems.

I think it was because of a google search, at a time when I was desperately searching for solutions to a Sonicstage freezing problem. This is really a great forum, with helpfull and friendly people! smile.gif

Actually, I think forum like this are helping to keep the MD format alive.

i found MDCF through minidisc.org ages ago. around 2002. at that time i was looking for information on my broken mz-r900. i posted a couple of messages and that was it.

i wasn't able to get the mz-r900 fixed though, so i left the md world for three years, until this year. i got my mz-r900 fixed and also bought a net md. heheheh..

actually when i first started browsing MDCF i wasn't sure if it would still accept my user name as i hadn't logged on in years. but it did.

i first tried logging on again either in march or april this year. i think there was a short period of a few days when MDCF was out.

so when i saw the site was down i thought that MDCF has ceased to be. i actually got kind of sad. but when i checked back a few days later it was up again.

blink.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think a friend, who got me into MD, told me about MD.org back in 1997. After extensive research on the site I got my MZ-R50 and got me so excited I just had to get MDS-JE510. smile.gif

After that I checked it out from time to time, but never really got into forum, which came handy recently, when I got MZ-NH700 and SS problems started. :-I

I had used minidisc.org on and off before, but getting closer to buying a new Hi-MD made me scour the forums for a while lurking, then I built up my questions!

Great resource.

the www.minidisc.org website was found with google in 2004 while looking for stuff about the Sharp 721 player with the bulletin boards following soon after seeing where to go on the minidisc homepage, before that knew nothing about it, joining the bulletin boards was originally only to find out what was wrong with the Sharp player but after returning the second hand Sharp player and replacing it with a new nh700 it was worthwhile to return to the bulletin boards

via google, as I was searching for information on bitrates.

[edit] didn't know there was a posting area for more than a year, as I was always searching info on the md.org page. I have a touchpad mouse control and by accident I tapped when I should have stroked while I passed over the blue rectangle.

Edited by bland10000

• 1 month later...

I think it was because of a google search, at a time when I was desperately searching for solutions to a Sonicstage freezing problem. This is really a great forum, with helpfull and friendly people! smile.gif

Actually, I think forum like this are helping to keep the MD format alive.

Wandered about in the virtual desert for a long time, and then wandered for months in this forum. This forum seems comprehensive, compared to all the other referrals and things. I'm just a-hoping that I can solve my glitch, and get the Hi MD recognized again by my laptop.

"Desperately searching" certainly characterizes me.

Mr. mrwarg in Toronto

post-6828-1124339450_thumb.jpg

I got it through Minidisco.com (I think that the link I got there was minidisc.org and then it lead here) Initially I inscribed to sign up the upload petition for NetMd... Oh How I hated Sony. I felt so frustrated that they had done that to MD I loved the format so much and I thought they were killing it. When I found this forum I saw that there were others like me and I felt part of something. Now with Hi-Md I've learnt so much. I followed every step of Marc's Hi-Md Renderer Project and Now I check it every morning and every eveining. Guys, you are like my second family...

I recently started browsing and posting after buying an RH10. I found the forums through google while searching for more info on this recorder, and HiMD in general. Just the other day, though, I checked my inbox on here, and I had a couple of responses dated back in 2003! Apparently I had used this forum a couple of years ago to ask a couple of questions about the MZ-R910 before buying one! I had completely forgotten about it.

• 2 weeks later...

New member here...

I've visited this site a few times over the years but decided to join after buying a MZ-NH600D at Circuit City recently($83). I'm listening with a pair of Shure E4C's($189).

I wanted to soak up as much info as possible and I've been reading the forum for the past 3 hours. wacko.gif The 600 is my first MD recorder...money well spent.

Great site !

Dane

New member here...

I've visited this site a few times over the years but decided to join after buying a MZ-NH600D at Circuit City recently($83). I'm listening with a pair of Shure E4C's($189).

I wanted to soak up as much info as possible and I've been reading the forum for the past 3 hours.  wacko.gif The 600 is my first MD recorder...money well spent.

Great site !

Dane

Welcome GreatDane to MDCF! Enjoy with your new MD.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Someone on ATRACLife asked me to post up pix of the last time I opened up my Clié to double the memory and/or something else in it so they could see the underlying sound system in there. It can be considered brand new the amount of things I've put in and taken out. :D

Of course my devotion had moved back to MD for music purposes before he asked me to do this.

Lurking in ATRACLife I got to really like the dynamics of the board, and following my natural MD tendencies I migrated over here. Having the service manuals handy was a great incentive... It pulled at me slowly...

Lurking here a bit I discovered I really liked the moderators and the general flow. The news can't be more up to date, more then enough interesting posts to keep me coming back for more, interesting and diverse members and many more positive aspects make this a great little spot.