Wav To Hi-md (raw, Without Converting Into Atrac)

Rate this topic

DJ_THE_CROW

Hello,

i have my music as WAV files. Before i bought the HI-MD MZ-NH600, Sony promised, that the next SonicStage will make it possible to upload pure 100 % RAW-Audio PCM, WAV) to a HI-MD media. That was the promise of last year. Now is almost 1 year passed, and still i dint now find any way, how to upload one WAV file from my HDD to the HI-MD media.

Does anyone know how this works (without using a Audio-CD) ?

If it still does not work, then i really wish Sony to go to hell... i have wasted a lot of money into this HI-MD thing, and all the promises were lies... so i must save a lot of money again and buy a CREATIVE ZEN player this time, and i am sure its absolutely better than my HI-MD unit with just only 3mW output....

Before i bought the HI-MD MZ-NH600, Sony promised, that the next SonicStage will make it possible to upload pure 100 % RAW-Audio PCM, WAV) to a HI-MD media.

Have you tried SonicStage 3.1?

I can transfer PCM onto MD. As PCM.

For other reasons, it is also advisable to update.

Wow ! Thank you very much dude ! I got Installed the SonicStageInstaller30, but it wanted to download the DirectX9c (the Installation didnt workout due to the reason i had disabled my IE, so i switched my IE on back), downloaded DIRECTX9c manually, installed, installed the SS30, and found out that its SS3.1, wow cool.

Then i uploaded one of my WAV file (16 Bits, 44100 Hz, MONO) to my HI-MD Media, but i saw this thing started to convert even if i said without conversion... later i found out, that my 30 MB File was 60 MB on the Hi-MD Media. I got to know that this bullshit Software saved the file as a STEREO file, even if the source was MONO ! Now i just lost 50 % of the Capacity i could use more by using MONO.

All my music in recorded in MONO-Mode only, and its perfect though !

All i gotta do now, is to give up the SONY MiniDisc dream, and buy a CreativeZen player with 20, 30, 40 or even 60 GB HDD capacity... I am sure its time to buy something pure quality instead any these HI-MD units...

Thanx anyway for your help.

from your harddisk? my german version of sonicStage 3.1 does not feature openMG-pcm for cd-import nor pcm-transfer from harddisk unsure.gif

My SS 3.1 can rip to wav (pcm) and OpenMG pcm has been available since 2.1.

I know .. I can also rip to .wav, but not to openMG pcm .. I was suprised when I found that out, 'cause I also thought its available since 2.1 happy.gif

I´ll have to investigate whats going on there .. maybe a corrupt installation