Etronics Rh10

Rate this topic

valurot

hi everyone. i'm new to the board, but read much of your posts when researching my recent purchase of the mz-rh10. thank you for your help!

anyway, etronics.com advertises the rh10 for the price of $250 (up from $240 just a week ago) plus shipping. Reasonable, but by no means a steal. the picutre and item description posted on the sight show and describe a package that includes the charging stand and backlit remote. in silver. My rh10 arrived today and includes neither the stand nor the backlit remote. mad.gif and its black.

now, i'll probably just keep this, because i couldn't be bother sending it back. nor do i really want to. i want to start playing with it immediately! but i will be sending etronics a chiding email, and i will be looking for a backlit remote... any suggestions?

thanks a lot. happy.gif

@valurot:

You should complain. Loudly.

The description clearly states Charging stand, USB cradle and a backlit LCD remote.

(I don't know, where they want to get the USB-cradle, as that one doesn't exist. Everything else points to the japanese version.)

Either they deliver the promised goods or you get a refund.

Don't accept less.

Oh, and make a screenshot quickly.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_co...ore=&catid=4353

Btw, LCD remotes are well worth 50 bucks or more.

anyway, etronics.com advertises the rh10 for the price of $250 (up from $240 just a week ago) plus shipping. Reasonable, but by no means a steal. the picutre and item description posted on the sight show and describe a package that includes the charging stand and backlit remote. in silver. My rh10 arrived today and includes neither the stand nor the backlit remote.  mad.gif and its black.

whatever the description listed in Etronics is least of my worries. what worries me is that; on the sonystyle usa site. the following feature is listed in both RH-10 and RH-910 model's detail description

AUTO FOCUS, FLASH, and TIMER

I don't suppose, we all can start a lawsuit against Sony for Misleading? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

i suspected it too, i dont want the hassel but if you did get the stuff then you shoud definitely complain. You can sue them for false advertising in fact. I would go scream at the manager (i usually hire my sister to do this, she is the pro from practicing on Verizon) but still, you will be surprised at what you can accomplish.

I was very happy to see the listing on etronics two weeks ago. But, knowing the general differences in the Japan and US versions, I decided to find out for sure what the etronics version came with. I wrote several emails to the customer service center. I was told that the descriptions were read from the box but they were out right now and couldn't check. I thought this odd since the site said they were still in stock so, I bit the bullet and paid the long distance charge to talk to someone over the phone. The sales person said that yes, they were in stock, five minutes from me receiving the email that they were out. He also said that they were not allowed to go down to the warehouse and look at the boxes (that sounds like a load of crap to me). He then told me that the descriptions were from the Sony site. I told him that the Sony site does not currently offer the RH10 and that the manual under the support section does not list the backlit lcd remote or charging stand. He checked with their archived listing and sure enough, those accessories weren't listed there either. He told me he would send a message to have the website description changed. That was over a week ago and it still reads the same. If anyone wants help in their complaint, let me know, I have saved my emails.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Jadeclaw: How do I make a screen shot?

SJames5848: How did you find a phone number for etronics? I couldn't find it ANYWHERE... also, I may take you up on the saved emails.

Etronics will be hearing from me!

I ordered my RH10 from Etronics a few weeks ago for $239. Because I had done my research, I knew that the description on the web site was incorrect. However, I also knew that whoever packed the order would just take what Sony had packaged with the US version of the RH10, put it in a box, and send it to me. And that's what I got, for a pretty good price, in my opinion.

My point is that you're not "missing" anything, you got what was supposed to be in the package, and the web site description was in error. That's all. Return the item if you want, but I wouldn't expect them to send you a remote, stand, etc.

I ordered my RH10 from Etronics a few weeks ago for $239.  Because I had done my research, I knew that the description on the web site was incorrect.  However, I also knew that whoever packed the order would just take what Sony had packaged with the US version of the RH10, put it in a box, and send it to me.  And that's what I got, for a pretty good price, in my opinion.

My point is that you're not "missing" anything, you got what was supposed to be in the package, and the web site description was in error.  That's all.  Return the item if you want, but I wouldn't expect them to send you a remote, stand, etc.

Do you work for Etronics?

I realize that what I received is a *complete* package. You're right. The U.S. model for the RH10 does not include the stand or remote. The description and picture on the Etronics website, however, promise to provide a remote and charging stand. The *errors* in the description are that the RH10 has a HD digital amp and comes with a USB cradle.

Of course, the most unpardondable error is that Etronics was made aware of the differences between what they were selling (in good faith) and what they were shipping, and they did nothing about it except raise the price by ten dollars.

Whether I keep the player or not, I will make known my dissatisfaction to them. I do not "expect them to send [me] a remote, stand, etc." - in fact, I don't even expect a response.

Doing a screenshot or a copy of a web-page:

Screenshot: Press [ALT] + [PRINT], then open MS-Paint and paste it in. Save then.

Or save the whole page using the 'Save As'command in the File menu, select 'Webpage, complete' in the Filetype dropdown.

Or print it out.

The NY Attorney General's Office seems fairly activitst on consumer issues. Consider filing an online complaint with them at:

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/

Before you do, please consider what you *really* want out of it. Assuming Etronics made an innocent mistake in the listing, their only obligation to you is probably to offer you a refund...and what good does that do you since you probably got an OK deal on the device and it sounds like you want to keep it?

But if you are convinced that Etronics intentionally left the erroneous listing on its web site for the purpose of enticing consumers to buy it only to receive less than what was advertised, then have at it. I would paper myself first with emails and regular correspondence. Don't threaten them, but be stern and give them a reasonable time frame to reply...be specific about what you want (i.e. a credit or for them to actually deliver the accessories they advertised), and be specific about why you think you are entitled to it, i.e. that it seems to you that their advertising is intentionally misleading to consumers.

BTW, I did a quicky search of the BBB and a listing for "Etronics Outlet" in New York came up clean...no complaints in the past 36 months.

While we are complaining. The manual for my new RH910 list these for some of the supplied accessories: Carrying pouch (1)

No pouch in my bag. Did anyone else get a carrying pouch with their RH910? My RH10 did ship with a carrying pouch.

The outside of the RH910 box DOES NOT list a carrying pouch as one of the supplied accessories.

Anybody else get a carrying pouch with their RH910?