132kbps ATRAC3 or 128kbps ATRAC3plus?

Rate this topic

sonyk

I've always converted and transferred my mp3 collection as 132kbps ATRAC3 files, but a friend said that I should use ATRAC3plus at 128kbps as the sound quality is better despite the higher file compression.

Is this true? I thought that the only difference between ATRAC3 and ATRAC3plus was the different bitrates?

I don't think the HD5 supports 128kbps, so if you rip your music to 128kbps Atrac3+, you would have to transcode to a supported bitrate, resulting in worsening quality.

Besides, the HD5 supports MP3, so I would just transfer the MP3s as is. Why bother transcoding to Atrac?

I don't think the HD5 supports 128kbps, so if you rip your music to 128kbps Atrac3+, you would have to transcode to a supported bitrate, resulting in worsening quality.

Besides, the HD5 supports MP3, so I would just transfer the MP3s as is. Why bother transcoding to Atrac?

The HD5 does support 128kbps at ATRAC3 and I use ATRAC because of better battery life and smaller file sizes...

If u properly go through manual of NW-E505 sony has marked the battery life for different format like MP3 40 hours But the thing is ATRAC3(50 Hours) & ATRAC3 PLUS(45 hours) .This purely tell us that Artac3 is more battery friendly then atrac3 plus

ANY COMMENTS..........

Edited by Stuge