Are Any Brands Best?

Rate this topic

just wondering if any one type of minidisc should be avoided. They're expensive to buy at future shop, and ebay has a ton of different types... okay, several. I was about to buy some TKD 80 minute ones, btu thought i would see if i could get a quick response on here.

Thanks for any advice!

-mike

I have recently read some problems mentioned of the 74 min TDKs with the plastic shutters getting jammed in newer machines (i.e. the MZRH-10) so perhaps a little caution when using these...

I have recently read some problems mentioned of the 74 min TDKs with the plastic shutters getting jammed in newer machines (i.e. the MZRH-10) so perhaps a little caution when using these...

Only had problems with Hi-Space - had one jam in my car head unit due to the metal shutter breaking in the player! Managed to get it out though.

I currently use SOny and Panasonic, Panasonic is okay but i think i'll stick with Sony

Kinda changing the topic of the post but... I had a peek inside of a disc by sliding back the cover and saw that it was quite dusty on the underside - i.e. the side that the player reads. I've not had any probs with the disc (as in skipping) should I remove the dust, say with a lens brush? Or just leave it?

Kinda changing the topic of the post but...  I had a peek inside of a disc by sliding back the cover and saw that it was quite dusty on the underside - i.e. the side that the player reads.  I've not had any probs with the disc (as in skipping) should I remove the dust, say with a lens brush? Or just leave it?

I would say, yes, as the dust gets deposited inside the player.

If the brush is clean and soft, you can use it.

Kinda changing the topic of the post but...  I had a peek inside of a disc by sliding back the cover and saw that it was quite dusty on the underside - i.e. the side that the player reads.  I've not had any probs with the disc (as in skipping) should I remove the dust, say with a lens brush? Or just leave it?

Or you could employ a photographic lens dust blower; a strong burst of air will do the job.

Back to the topic: Don't forget AXIA. In my opinion, AXIA is one of the best; they are very innovative - have one of the best designs and its slip case build quality is impeccable.

Actually, I have had two Fuji discs suffer from chipping on the top side of the disc. When seen against a light source, they look like swiss cheese. And oddly enough, all that the Memorexes required was removing the debris with some air or lens tissue.