Mzrh910 Vs. 910s - I Got The 910s!

Rate this topic

mrtunes

so as you can see by my edited subject, i bought the 910s today. i dont really like the white as much as the black one, but it was the only one the store had.

my first experience with it so far has been just conditioning the battery but that's still exciting. now im looking for a pouch and a keychain light to make up for it not being backlit mad.gif

it feels like it's going to break after one drop. this is not built for a stealth recordist but has the audio specs for it.

i'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

• 3 months later...

so as you can see by my edited subject, i bought the 910s today.  i dont really like the white as much as the black one, but it was the only one the store had. 

my first experience with it so far has been just conditioning the battery but that's still exciting.  now im looking for a pouch and a keychain light to make up for it not being backlit  mad.gif

it feels like it's going to break after one drop.  this is not built for a stealth recordist but has the audio specs for it.

i'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

So how's the MZ-RH910s?

There are so few topics on this MD recorder, and I don't know why. It almost seems like the perfect unit for me, and I'm surprised it's not more popular. I've had one on order from the Sony Store for almost a month now. I'm tempted to cancel and order from Minidisc-canada.com, except that i have a gift card for the Sony Store that's burning a hole in my wallet.

If it were backlit, it would be perfect. I'm tempted to get a friend of mine to MOD it to add a white LED somewhere in here. Anyone have any success in trying something like this?

Any nice pictorials/reviews of this unit? I only ever see the same old picture, and barely any reviews.

how much is a backlit remote? i am enjoying the unit very much. i've gotten some really high quality sounds of it that i've used in my animation and film work. it was just a heartbreaker when i saw sony released the new models that feature everything this thing was lacking. sound quality is great, battery life is manageable and i'm happy i got it. actually today i threw out the packaging which is a sign that i have absolutely no intention of returning it or whatnot(not like i even have that option by now but it just shows).

Why not just buy a backlit remote?

I was thinking of that, but I've found it annoying to have the inline remote, plus another 3 feet of headphone cord. I felt like I could use my headphones as a jumprope.

I've only seen two or three headphones available with shorter cords. I've tried splicing headphone cords to make them shorter, but found it ruined the sound quality.

As for this unit, can anyone point me to a photo gallery of this unit?

How about the recording? I'm planning on recording a ton of LP's to minidisc with this unit. Can I create tracks on the unit after recording? Would it be better to download the single recording from MD to PC and split it up on the PC?

I really wish this unit was in stock somewhere in Winnipeg. I'd love to try it out.