Hi-md Or Net-md

Rate this topic

SettingSun84

ssooooo yea, I've been trying to decide, aanndd... I can't really make up my mind, here.... I like the Hi-Md stuff and all, But i can't imagine i'm going to buy any $7 mds, and i have an ipod, so if i want a lot of music with me at one time, i have that. what i really want this thing for, is digitizing my vinyl/cassette collection, i've got aobut 50-100 counting both, and so possibly to record me and my friend's band, and um.... *cough* bootlegging... you know.. LOCAL bands.... so i mainly just want this for recording from other sources, so what do you recomend?

To digitize your vinyl collection, record directly into your PC with a program like Audacity. Buy an external soundcard or a Griffin iMic (about $40) if your PC doesn't have a line-in connection.

MD excels, however, at live music recording. And once you have recorded a band, what do you plan to do with it? If you just want to listen to it on minidisc, then NetMD is fine. But the only way to copy a NetMD disc from your portable unit is to record it out of the headphone jack in real time. If you want to upload a live recording to your computer so you can burn CDs, etc., then you need Hi-MD. Hi-MD also has high-quality recording, uncompressed CD-quality PCM, while NetMD's best recording is SP, which is good but still compressed.

$7 for 1GB of storage isn't bad. How much did you pay per GB on your iPod? And it doesn't even record....

try searching the MDCF-forums a bit and scan through a couple other posts here in the "find your minidisc" section, as there are already a lot of reviews and discussions about RH10<>RH910 and about battery types, mics,...you name it

if (after some serious searching, wisdom don't come for free you know tongue.gif ) you still have some concrete questions I think ppl will be glad to answer them... but

which battery, too... anything, recomendations

is a bit vague

hope you find what you're looking for...

Volta

Edited by The Low Volta