RM-MC55ELK Query

Rate this topic

Hi. I know there is a resource on the site related to all kinds of MD remotes. I've read about the MC55ELK, and it seems incredible. I just have a few questions about this model:

1. Is it available from a U.S. retailer? I've seen it only on ebay from Chinese retailers. It sells for about 70 bucks "But It Now" plus 30 shipping! And it seems to come only in white. I'd love a black one for my U.S. RH10...

2. Are you able to scroll through groups/songs without selecting them for playback? You know, does it have a jog dial? The pictures and the descriptions I've found are unclear.

3. Does the MC55ELK come with the Japanese RH10?

Thanks for your help!

Hi. I know there is a resource on the site related to all kinds of MD remotes. I've read about the MC55ELK, and it seems incredible. I just have a few questions about this model:

1. Is it available from a U.S. retailer? I've seen it only on ebay from Chinese retailers. It sells for about 70 bucks "But It Now" plus 30 shipping! And it seems to come only in white. I'd love a black one for my U.S. RH10...

2. Are you able to scroll through groups/songs without selecting them for playback? You know, does it have a jog dial? The pictures and the descriptions I've found are unclear.

3. Does the MC55ELK come with the Japanese RH10?

Thanks for your help!

Answer to #

1) Unfortunately, no. You will have to resort to an import. But you can certainly order the EL version from Sony DAPC.

2) Not certain. Need further clarification from D-NE20 users. However, functions should be identical to its predecessors. Anyhow, here are some pictures to help you ascertain the functions of the remote.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

3) No. The Japanese RH10 comes bundled with color matching RM-MC35ELK remote. Please check my blue RH10 thread for clarification.

Two more quicks question along these lines -- have you heard any reports of compatibility issues between the MC55ELK and the RH10?

And ultimate beginner question...  ordering the EL version from Sony DAPC -- where/what is this?  (EL, I assume, is electroluminescent, but am wondering about the vendor.)

Answer to:

#1: No issues whatsoever. It should work with the RH10.

#2: The EL version of the MC55ELx remote is the counterpart of the ELK version. The only difference between the two is the latter supports Japanese/Chinese/Hangul text whereas the former does not.

Sony DAPC is merely an acronym for Sony Direct Accessories and Part Center; [click here] the center offers original Sony accessories and parts. The part number for the RM-MC55EL is A1071446A and unfortunately, it will cost you a hefty $156.95. So, it is better to acquire the ELK version from eBay or elsewhere if possible.

i want to buy one for my RH910

HK version does not come with any remote with LCD

wheere can I order it online?

thanks

The only e-tailer that stocks the RM-MC55ELKL is bargaining4all.com. (and they are a Chinese based e-store) However, the remote is going to cost you somewhat. I believe bargaining4all.com is offering the remote for around $90USD inclusive of shipping (shipping to US from China). If you are still interested, email aocheng, the owner of the e-store and ask him for a deal.

The only e-tailer that stocks the RM-MC55ELKL is bargaining4all.com. (and they are a Chinese based e-store)  However, the remote is going to cost you somewhat. I believe bargaining4all.com is offering the remote for around $90USD inclusive of shipping (shipping to US from China). If you are still interested, email aocheng, the owner of the e-store and ask him for a deal.

you can bid the stuff from them with a cheaper price in ebay

Edited by anonz

• 2 months later...

The only e-tailer that stocks the RM-MC55ELKL is bargaining4all.com. (and they are a Chinese based e-store)  However, the remote is going to cost you somewhat. I believe bargaining4all.com is offering the remote for around $90USD inclusive of shipping (shipping to US from China). If you are still interested, email aocheng, the owner of the e-store and ask him for a deal.

I think wac/bargaining4all is offering this remote for $80 US including shipping for T-Boarders... $80 seemed high to me for a remote, but it seems that is probably the best deal you're gonna get on it!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone has heard of Union Electronic Distributors. They are based out of Illinois and

have the Sony A1071445A RM-MC55ELK/SM and A1071446A RM-MC53EL/SM remotes listed on their

parts list for $82.95 and $34.95. They do not have them in stock but say that they can be ordered.

Their web site is http://www.ued.net/catalog/cat_item_idx_4471.html and their number is

1-800-648-6657 if anyone is interested.

I found their web site while doing a search.