Hi-md - Limit On Pause Duration ?

Rate this topic

Malcolm Stewart

I have an NH900 and I'm wondering if there is any limit to the maximum time (battery life permitting) I can leave my recorder in Pause mode, i.e. without any buttons being pressed. Haven't spotted anything in the manual or in the FAQs here, so I've just given it a quick trial.

It stayed in Pause for over 10 minutes after going into Mic Rec mode. I then did a short recording, and put it into Pause again. 15 minutes later it was still in Pause mode.

Just wondering if it times out after say 30 minutes ?

I have an NH900 and I'm wondering if there is any limit to the maximum time (battery life permitting) I can leave my recorder in Pause mode, i.e. without any buttons being pressed.  Haven't spotted anything in the manual or in the FAQs here, so I've just given it a quick trial. 

It stayed in Pause for over 10 minutes after going into Mic Rec mode.  I then did a short recording, and put it into Pause again.  15 minutes later it was still in Pause mode.

Just wondering if it times out after say 30 minutes ?

have had my NH900 in rec/pause for long times (1.5 hours), and I believe there is someone here who has left it on rec/pause overnight, just to see whether/how quick the battery would drain when on pause

just search the forums a bit, as this was explained all so much better in that other thread

I left mine (a NH700) in Rec-Pause overnight on mains supply.

It was still on the next morning.

This is not a problem, as the disc stops spinning after a few seconds.

On Play-Pause, the unit switches off after a few minutes.

Btw, don't put it on extended Rec-Pause on any home deck prior to the MDS-JE520.

Reason: The disc keeps spinning, wearing out its surface.

Quite funny since I did this by complete mistake a few nights ago!

I was going to record a conversation on my NH900 but totally forgot I'd left it on record-pause.

5 hours later and it was still on! I checked the battery and the bars hadn't moved. Not bad, I say.

Adam.