Rh10's Rm-mc35elk Remote Question

Rate this topic

icie

In the reference page:

http://www.minidisco.com/rm-mc35elk.html

It is stated that this remote (which comes with RH10) is two-line remote. I have found that this remote should technically be capable of displaying two lines (it does some pretty funky graphical representations of sound schemes), but having only a Japanese manual, I did not know how to configure it to display two lines. Right now it only displays one line with the scrolling song name and time. What should I do to enable it to display two lines (folder + song name)?

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question, but maybe you could answer mine... ?

Are you able to scroll through songs/groups with the 35elk before selecting a song/group? Like with the jog dial on the rh10 itself...

Thanks and good luck with your query!

Unfortunately, BobS, you appear to be correct. I find it curious that a supposedly "high end" unit like the Rh10 cannot support two lines on the remote.

Pressing and holding Display button will push you into the menu selections on the remote.

It is possible to "scroll" through folders and songs on RH10 with the remote. This is of course, after you have stopped playing a particular song, and before the unit automatically turn off. You may at this time use the "next", "prev", "next folder", "prev folder" selections on your remote to find songs you want.

Of course, it's not as funky as using the OLED and scroll wheel, but the function is there.

Greets,

I know this is slightly off topic but I thought I'd bring it up anyway. I also happen to use the RM-MC40ELK 3 row display remote with the RH10 (since the supplied US version remote is, in my opinion, decidedly awful) but I have had no trouble in correctly displaying all three lines of text. I use the remote that came with my NH1 player and as far as I can tell it functions identically on both models.

Yes, I have also used the 40elk with the U.S. RH10, and the three-line display was visible.

As for the 35elk, I'm very surprised that the 2-line display isn't working. Isn't this the remote that is supplied with the Japanese RH10?

Can anyone confirm the following about the Rh10+mc40elk combo:

-The remote can set the backlight always on. (T[]/F[])

-The record menu is available in the remote. (T[]/F[])

-The remote jog dial works an identical way that the rh10 jog dial. (T[]/F[])