Nh1 Line Out?

Rate this topic

corduroy

Hi. The line out mode is supposed to give a cleaner, purer signal than headphone which may have various 'colourations' added to be suitable for headphone or earphone listening. A line out would be more suitable for recording from or using an external stereo amplifier from as it would have a more neutral sound..

No, the RH10 lacks the line out mode...

And that means that it is better to do my recordings via line out to PC with my MZ-RH900 and not with the MZ-RH10?

If you recorded on the RH10 you could upload digitally through USB.

And just to check, do you actually mean RH900? I only know the RH910 (2nd gen Hi-MD, no line out) or the NH900 (1st gen Hi-MD, line out-mode through menus). Still if it was recorded on an Hi-MD-formatted disc, you can upload digitally through SS or record realtime digitally using the TotalRecorder way (see the pinned threads in the software/FAQ's-section)

Hi-MD has better options than recording analogue to PC, this should only be the last option, even after the TotalRecorder way, when some - not always very stable - software has ruined a faster digital upload...

Greetings, Volta

You are right! My old model is the MZ-R900. My recordings are in the old system. I know that the only way to send them to the PC is the Line Out. As you know, the RH10 has not Line Out. So, is it better to send them to the PC with my old R900?

Yes, use the R900 for its line out. You won't be able to use Hi-MD to transfer your old NetMD recordings in any case (USB playback is only possible with Hi-MD mode recordings). You should actually be able to get some decent results with line out mode...

You could simulate a line out mode by using a flat EQ setting and turning the volume to 30 if you're stuck on the RH10, though...

• 3 weeks later...

In this case if we use RH10 or RH910's earphone out as an input to radio or amplifier would the sound quality be bad compared to Nh900 (since this model has a line out)......

I wouldn't say bad. The NH900 hasn't got a dedicated line out, it has a line out mode: no modification of the signal (no EQ'ing) and higher output (so like full volume)...

These things can be emulated on 2nd gens by turning EQ off and volume to max... (haven't really tested it but I'm guessing that) it shouldn't sound much different from line out on NH900 but it's not as handy (more work and not always "safe", as you should not forget to put the volume back to an acceptable level before playing through headphones or you could seriously damage your ears or phones... the NH900 line out mode won't work when the remote is attached, so this risk is lowered)

greetings, Volta

I know one think. Since I changed the code for the EQ my MD RH10 don't works!!!!!!!! The Sony SHOP accepted to change with one other,new,RH10,. In my new RH10 I WILL NOT TRY TO DO THIS!!!! MAKE ANTENTION ALL THE USERS, DON'T DO THAT!!!

I wouldn't say bad. The NH900 hasn't got a dedicated line out, it has a line out mode: no modification of the signal (no EQ'ing) and higher output (so like full volume)...

These things can be emulated on 2nd gens by turning EQ off and volume to max... (haven't really tested it but I'm guessing that) it shouldn't sound much different from line out on NH900 but it's not as handy (more work and not always "safe", as you should not forget to put the volume back to an acceptable level before playing through headphones or you could seriously damage your ears or phones... the NH900 line out mode won't work when the remote is attached, so this risk is lowered)

greetings, Volta

laugh.gif greenmachine...but by the way, do you actually know what eosid was trying to say?

I only said you could turn the eq off in the menu, not service menu stuff tongue.gif seems someone screwed up his region-hack (but what has that got to do with this thread?)