Trouble Transferring Off Hi Md Via Usb

Rate this topic

deadwing

Hi

I have a Sony MZ- NH1 and i'm using Sonicstage V 3.1.

I've just made a live music recording and it transfers up to 61% then throws up an error message. Tried it 3 or 4 times now and i keep getting it happening in the same place- I can playback the file perfectly, so I suppose I could go 'line out>soundcard' but i'd prefer the lossless method. What worries me is if on one of these transfer, I get the bar coming down on being able to transfer at all.

Any thought about what I could try? This is the first time i've used this version of Sonic Stage

Hi

I have a Sony MZ- NH1 and i'm using Sonicstage V 3.1.

I've just made a live music recording and it transfers up to 61% then throws up an error message. Tried it 3 or 4 times now and i keep getting it happening in the same place- I can playback the file perfectly, so I suppose I could go 'line out>soundcard' but i'd prefer the lossless method. What worries me is if on one of these transfer, I get the bar coming down on being able to transfer at all.

Any thought about what I could try? This is the first time i've used this version of Sonic Stage

are you recording in MD (not Hi-MD mode) perhaps?

Edit:  What exactly does the error message say?

yes, this could be helpfull... tongue.gif

and it reminded me of another post in which someone was trying to upload MD-recordings and he also mentioned the 61%, so that's why I ask "MD or Hi-MD mode?"

*edit: I'm sorry...just looked it up, the other thread mentioned 35% blushing.gif but still, please answer the question as it is nice to rule out one possibility

Edited by The Low Volta

yes, this could be helpfull... tongue.gif

and it reminded me of another post in which someone was trying to upload MD-recordings and he also mentioned the 61%, so that's why I ask "MD or Hi-MD mode?"

*edit: I'm sorry...just looked it up, the other thread mentioned 35%  blushing.gif but still, please answer the question as it is nice to rule out one possibility

Just a possibility -- but sometimes the easiest solutions are the correct ones.

Is your Library getting full -- SS shows how much free space you have --- alter the Library Import / Transfer destination to an area with enough space. If you are transferring a full HI-MD disc it's 1GB in whatever format you are transferring .

Otherwise as the previous poster says you'll just have to split the tracks --- you can do it in real time with Total Recorder / Nero and a decent sound card.

Cheers

-K

Edited by 1kyle