Cannot Transfer Tracks

Rate this topic

ChrisRoche11

Hello all,

I just joined yesterday and I've searched all the threads in here but have yet to solve my problem. I have a SONY NW-E103 MP3 player. I imported music from my Windows Media Player (I am running Windows XP). All the music appears in my Library and sounds fine when I play it. However when I try to put it on my MP3 player I get the error " SonicStage does not reconize the file format" I've tried transferring with all different bitrates but nothing has worked. I'm running SonicStage 3.0.

However, I installed the program on my computer at work, to see if it would work there, and it runs fine. Having it just at my work is obviously not an option.

But does someone have a suggestion as to what I should try next? I downloaded the file converter and converted some tracks and that never worked. I also tried taking songs directly from a regular cd, in case it was a problem with downloaded songs, but I still get the same error message.

I'm not very skilled with computers, but I'm thinking another option would be to completely wipe SonicStage off my computer and start again. I've tried reinstalling before but I don't think I completely removed the program. Maybe someone could give me a step by step process of removing everything involved with SonicStage. Including the driver. I think if I can install it as if I were doing it for the first time it would be ok. I don't have any tracks in the library I need to save to there's no worry of backing it up. Basically I just want to start over if there is no other option.

Thanks and sorry if I'm referring to another thread but I just bought it and it doesn't work, and I'm going to throw it out the window soon!!!.

Chris

Two possibilities:

Windows Media Player may have converted your songs into .wma files. SonicStage doesn't like wma. You need to change the WMP settings to convert to mp3, or use a different program like dbpoweramp (under Dowloads at the top of this page). To just transfer CDs to MD, use SimpleBurner (also under Downloads): pop in the CD, connect via USB, push the red arrow. SonicStage makes a copy on your computer that it then transfers to MD; SimpleBurner just sends it directly without keeping an intermediate copy.

If they're not .wma files that are giving you trouble, then:

I'm thinking another option would be to completely wipe SonicStage off my computer and start again.

Chris

That's the next step.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=8071

And install the latest SonicStage, 3.1, rather than the CD that came with your player.

Two possibilities:

Windows Media Player may have converted your songs into .wma files. SonicStage doesn't like wma.  You need to change the WMP  settings to convert to mp3, or use a different program like dbpoweramp (under Dowloads at the top of this page). To just transfer CDs to MD, use SimpleBurner (also under Downloads): pop in the CD, connect via USB, push the red arrow. SonicStage makes a copy on your computer that it then transfers to MD; SimpleBurner just sends it directly without keeping an intermediate copy.

If they're not .wma files that are giving you trouble, then:

That's the next step.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=8071

And install the latest SonicStage, 3.1, rather than the CD that came with your player.

OK I hope this isn't a stupid question, but how do I change the Media Player settings to convert to MP3. I have a bunch of songs (over 600) in my Media Player library already so I'd rather change them there than download another program.

Sorry for the computer illiteracy. I think this will work tho.

Chris

Edited by ChrisRoche11