Problem Installing New Sonicstage3.1

Rate this topic

Elisa

Hi, I have been having trouble with Sonicstage since a recent system restore. I've completed the suggestions on the forums with no luck. I recently tried to download the SonicStage as per the website important topic

Pinned: Sonicstage 3.1 Full Installer, Courtesy Of Mdcf.

Requires no additional 'net connection! but when I went to run the program it says that it failed to download WMP9 Codecs please install manually. It takes me to a website where I downloaded and installed it.

But the SonicStage aborts saying that MSI:

DX: 4.09.00.0904

WMP: 9.0.0.3250, 1

WMP: 9.0.0.3250, getting WMP9 Codecs...

ExecShell: open "http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx"

Failed to download WMP9Codecs: Unable to open C:\Documents and Settings\Lisa Watson\Desktop\Downloads\WM9Codecs.exe

What can I do now? Thanks.

If you have a fast internet connection you're better off with Sony's installer for the country where you live, from here:

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=9586

It's a little file that connects to Sony and downloads whatever pieces of SS you still need.

If you're really stuck using the MDCF standalone installer, maybe the Windows Media codecs didn't install properly.

Search your computer and see if a copy of WM9Codecs.exe is in the directory

C:\Documents and Settings\Lisa Watson\Desktop\Downloads\WM9Codecs.exe

where SonicStage is looking for it.

If not, get one from that Microsoft page

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...ecdownload.aspx

and copy it into the directory, then try revving up SonicStage again.

If it's still choking on WMP, you could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the codecs. See if you can find them in Settings/Add-Remove Programs and uninstall them, then go to that Microsoft page again and reinstall them. Make sure they're the right ones for your operating system, etc., and that they're in the Downloads directory SonicStage expects.

In a way you're lucky because at least SonicStage is telling you what's wrong instead of just crashing.

I have the same problem. SS 3.1 doesn't recognize you have installed your wm9codec.

The only solution to fix this is when that error shows up again, it tells you in detail that SS is looking for a file under:

document and setting/administrator/..............

wherever the location that SS can't find that file. Copy that wm9codec in that exact location. That solves the problem

However, the bad news is, SS 3.1 is a total piece of &**#$@^%^& sh*t, and it won't recognize my NH1 most of the time.

I had that very same problem when I tried to install SS3.1 with the 'full installer' Elisa. I have a laptop with XP and 56k modem.

In the end (after 3 attempts) I just bit the bullet and downloaded it with the slow, SS downloader program (and overnight connection) and everything is just fine and dandy.

Perhaps you ought to consider this, if it's an option...

I had that very same problem when I tried to install SS3.1 with the 'full installer' Elisa. I have a laptop with XP and 56k modem.

In the end (after 3 attempts) I just bit the bullet and downloaded it with the slow, SS downloader program (and overnight connection) and everything is just fine and dandy.

Perhaps you ought to consider this, if it's an option...

same issue for me too.. please download the online sonicstage installer and leave it overnight.. it will minimize your problems

The installation completed.. rebooted the machine.. and it doesnt recognize my NH1 ???  mad.gif

Anyone else facing the same problem..? Any solutions on the table ???  sad.gif

search these forums a bit, the "SS not recognizing my Hi-MD"-problem has been addressed a lot (not always succesfully though)...

the first thing to ask: does windows explorer see it as an external drive?

the first thing to try (if the above question is answered yes at least) try rebooting, open SS first, then connect your Hi-MD

good luck, Volta

HELP !!

I installed SS3.1 like described.. even downloaded WM9codecs.exe

The installation completed.. rebooted the machine.. and it doesnt recognize my NH1 ???  mad.gif

Anyone else facing the same problem..? Any solutions on the table ???  sad.gif

that is exactly what happened to me. The solution is to eject your SS 3.1 CD in the shooting ranch, and scream "Pull".

HELP !!

... it doesnt recognize my NH1 ???  mad.gif

I didn't notice this last time...but please don't leech on other threads! (I mean, don't post a DIFFERENT question in an existing thread... this makes the thread go of topic, which isn't nice for the one who started the thread, as he/she wants his/her question answered, not yours. but it also isn't useful for you, as only a few ppl will find your question here, as the thread's title doesn't refer to it!)

besides, search a bit before you ask... ppl have mentioned this workaround already (but it's a bit of work though) and you might find a lot of other (easier) tips/tricks you could try

greetings, Volta