SonicStage Doesn't Work For Mac OSX or OSIX

Rate this topic

Bananatree

user posted image

We seem to be getting a slew of Apple and HiMD/NetMD questions, so here is the word before you make a new post about SonicStage working with ANY Apple OS.

It doesn't work

By all means ask a few questions about the best way to work OSX with your MD player, but just to let you know, OSX isn't compatible with Sonicstage.

Here is more reading:

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=10163

and

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=9357

From news of Mac OSX HiMD players, there is HiMD compatibility with OSX now. However you still cannot upload or download music to or from regular HiMD or NetMD units.

Thanks ya'll!!!

Where did you get the idea that it was? Everywhere the system requirements state the need for Windows.

And btw, it does work. Through the Windows emulator Virtual PC. Install that, then Windows in it, than SS on that Windows, and you good to go. Goes real slow though.

The point is that it's a question that keeps coming around.

"I'm a newbie and I am far too lazy to search for this SonicStage problem which has already been posted 137 times" is another.

It's a good initiative Bananatree but may I suggest that Mr Administrator places a "Mac" faq and a "SonisStage" faq in a more prominent position.

But then again there are other things which won't go away like netmd uploading...

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for helping people to help themselves! and everyone has the right to ask a stupid question from time to time.

That reminds me... are md's comestible or not, I mean, it's not written on the packet and those color collection discs look so yummy...

The point is that it's a question that keeps coming around.

"I'm a newbie and I am far too lazy to search for this SonicStage problem which has already been posted 137 times" is another.

ineed, great post Bananatree!

almost half of my posts up until now have been pointers towards previous posts that address the same questions and/or pleas not to double post or start four different new topics on these already asked/answered questions...

so I'm all won for clear stickies and in-your-face-obvious FAQ's

Greetings, (slightly annoyed) Volta

Maybe "Linux" should be added to the topic title. As long as Wine doesn't support USB drivers, Sonicstage will never work through Wine, unfortunately.

I wonder if Sony will sell more units if they make Sonicstage work natively on Mac OS & Linux. I think so and it will probably result in more cash than they have to spend on extra software engineers to port Sonicstage to that platforms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have been waiting for some time for a way to upload my recordings to my Mac. I have recorded them on an RH10 as Linear PCM. I have just tried Hi-MD Wav Importer and the tracks appear greyed out. Is this just down to the mini disc model I am using? Is there another way to get these files uploaded on the Mac without using Virtual PC?

Thanks in advance.

As the previous suggest, you need the MZ-M10, MZ-M100 or the new MZ-RH1 to upload PCM tracks via USB to a Mac.

With the RH10, you will have to use Virtual PC or record the output of the headphones.

• 4 weeks later...

hi. search hi and low but cannot find the answer. Appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. I have a MZ-M100 with Apple G4 (OSX 10.4.5) and have recorded in PCM mode, but the Hi-MD Wav Importer (Version 1.0.00.07021) shows all the tracks greyed :angry: out. It is not connected via usb hub and the tracks play back find on the recorder. I can transfer files to and from the G4, no problems. Any ideas would be a god send.

desmondoc

Edited by desmondoc

• 1 month later...

The NH700 isn't Mac-Compatible at all unfortunately...

Only the MZ-M** models and the MZ-RH1 can upload to Macintosh.

EDIT:

For those interested, the new version of Mac Hi-MD Music Transfer will allow uploads of Hi-SP/Hi-LP/PC using MZ-M** or MZ-RH1...

It will also (!!!) allow downloading of mp3 files to any mp3 compatible player including the MZ-RH10, MZ-RH910, etc.

See here for info and download of new version (v2): http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=16379

Edited by raintheory