Sonicstage Will Not Install On Windows 98 Se

Rate this topic

Cornholio

Hello,

Last week, I bought a new MZ-NH700. It was supplied with the SonicStage v2.0 CD, which claims to be compatible with Windows 98 SE. However, when I attempt to install the software on my Windows 98 SE machine, it reports that my OS is not supported.

I’ve visited the Sony website, but have been unable to find a customer service page. Could anyone here please advise?

In fairness to Sony, they do state that the software is only supported on ‘factory installed’ operating systems. My PC is home made, but the OS is a kosher Microsoft product.

Any advice would be very gratefully received. One of my reasons for buying the MZ-NH700 as a supplement to my trusty MZ-R70 was it’s abililty to digitally transfer recordings made from a microphone to my computer, so I’m quite narked at the moment mad.gif .

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Well, it took a while but I've got it sorted. Sadly, upgrading to SonicStage 3.1 wasn't really an option as I have a dial-up connection. However, Sony customer service were able to help.

Should anyone else have the same issue, the solution is:

1. Copy the SonicStage CD to hard drive

2. Change the following line in setup.ini

supportos=0x78

to

supportos=

3. Run setup.exe from hard drive

Hooray! I can copy my analogue recordings to hard disk. Now, about all this DRM stuff. Grrr.

odd how that would fix the problem

Let me ask you this: was it a windows 98Se update or fresh install? Like did you have a previous version of windows on the computer (including 98 first/gold edition)?

A fresh install, Windows 98SE CD straight onto an empty hard drive...