Philosophy, Wisecracks, Etc.

Rate this topic

The Low Volta

whether it are oneliners, serious thoughts, smart@ss remarks, whatever... spill your guts and let the world (at least that part active on MDCF) see the light!

I'll kick this topic off:

never mix philosophy and logics! wacko.gif

I think therefore I am

and I am what I eat

so does this mean that when I'm thinking of food,

I exist only in thoughts?

whether it are oneliners, serious thoughts, smart@ss remarks, whatever... spill your guts and let the world (at least that part active on MDCF) see the light!

I'll kick this topic off:

never mix philosophy and logics!  wacko.gif

I think therefore I am

and I am what I eat

OMG, my terrible philosphy classes come back!!

Let's see (it is very well possible I make mistakes..)

A leads to B (I think therefore I am)

B = C (I am what I eat)

C = A (My thoughts are what I eat)

So, A = C = B

Hm, I guess you're right tongue.gif

EDIT: corrected myself

Edited by bug80

OMG, my terrible philosphy classes come back!!

Let's see (it is very well possible I make mistakes..)

A leads to B (I think therefore I am)

B = C (I am what I eat)

C = A (My thoughts are what I eat)

So, A = C = B

Hm, I guess you're right  tongue.gif

EDIT: corrected myself

Aha - gotcha! A=B=C!!! - you admitted it! rolleyes.gif

I think therefore I am

and I am what I eat

I'd say this means that you have to think of food in order to

exist, which in turn would probably mean that this forum doesn't

exist, since none of its users thinks of food = exists. Then again,

music might be considered brainfood.... rolleyes.gif

Edited by Kaineda77

So, what was first - a chicken or an egg?

(I do have a definite answer, though)

Counting on a chicken having to come from somewhere,

and assuming it would be genetic mutation,

maybe some random neutrino flinging through DNA at the instant of first cell division or something,

the egg would have to be first;

thing is, the egg wouldn't come from a chicken,

but the chicken would come from the egg.

Counting on a chicken having to come from somewhere,

and assuming it would be genetic mutation,

maybe some random neutrino flinging through DNA at the instant of first cell division or something,

the egg would have to be first;

thing is, the egg wouldn't come from a chicken,

but the chicken would come from the egg.

I think a chicken was first. Otherwise, God had to sit on an egg to hatch. Obviously, she had other things to do in first seven days, so she created a chicken to sit on an egg.

So, chicken came first!

I have a quantum car, everytime I look at the spedometer, I get lost.

I just love these jokes, I understand them on such a rudimentary level, but they are so clever.

Here is another one from physics for your car.

There is so called Doppler effect - for any wave (sound or light) frequency increases (wavelength decreases) when you move towards the sourse and decreases otherwise.

So, if you speed up on your quantum car and pass the red light, you may argue that you saw green! (because green has higher frequency than red). Moreover, it would be real scientific truth... (of course the speed has to be comparable to the speed of light, so you fine for speeding will greatly exceed a fine for not stopping on red blink.gif )

If i would be travelling with two times the speed of light relative to the earth in my spaceship, would time on earth appear to go backwards from my perspective?

That's why Einstein is great. You can (formally) travel twice as fast with respect to the Earth moving in the other direction with the speed of light, but you won't be able to get or pass any information to or from it. So, it won't exist for you.

However, when you start from the Earth, you can only reach the speed of light and then time will stand still, your size will be zero and your mass will be infinite... so you won't be able to accelerate anymore...

Having said all that, contemporary physics has suggested elementary particles called tachions. They do move with speeds above the speed of light and you are absolutely right - they are moving backwards in time. Indeed, nobody can detect them, but they can account for certain physical observable effects.

Nowadays physics is much more fantastic than many may think. For example, it does allow for time travel... (to be continued if anybody is interested)

Edited by physya

Well, that's because rhetoric question requires rhetoric answer. Scientifically neither came first. I think they just found a dinosour with eggs inside (her). biggrin.gif

I wonder if there were ever sweet, salty, and bitter-tasting prehistoric reptiles on the face of the Earth. tongue.gif

I wonder if there were ever sweet, salty, and bitter-tasting prehistoric reptiles on the face of the Earth.  tongue.gif

That's why we have this topic it in this forum. The taste is subjective - just like music appreciation. I am sure for some T-Rexes those dino-chicks were yammy, but would you want an omlette made of that egg? biggrin.gif

But that's a true mathematical statement.

Set A=1, B=1, C=1. A=B=C.

I'm sleepy..

I actually referred to another discussion where A=mp3, B=ATRAC132, C=ATRAC64. Our discussion of these A,B,C has prompted The Low Volta to initiate this topic.

Edited by physya

With the courage of a hero and the innocent, loving heart of a child, one can meet the challenges of life fearlessly, yet not yield to cynicism or defensiveness.

We can be polished up by life, rather than being ground down by it. Often we defend ourselves against life by projecting a hard exterior; but the true heroes' strength lies in their compassion and sincerity, not in their armor.

When you can hold chaos and order in your mind and acknowledge that they are both true, then you will see the beauty of the universe.

When you can empathize with joy and pain at the same time, then you will see the beauty of the universe.

When you understand that neither the deep or the superficial is more real that the other, then you will see the beauty of the universe.

When you learn that nothing really ends, and every beginning is not the beginning then you will see the beauty of the universe.

When you can see the world without looking through your own eyes, then you will see the beauty of the universe.