What are you listening to right now?

Rate this topic

J.u.n.k.e.r.

You Downloader you ..... :acute:

I pre-ordered the Discbox, which comes with the download anyway... so why not? It will last me until December when the Discboxes come out. :closedeyes:

I will say though that the 160kbps Mp3s that were the download are definitely lower than my standard for lossy compression.

The album is very good, not that I expected anything less from them.

I like the example they are setting with the release of this album. For those of you living on the moon, Radiohead is no longer affiliated with a record label, and have released this record on their own. The download version is available on their website, and you get to choose what you want to pay for it. Be it $5, $10, $3.21 or even $0..

They also have the "Discbox" which contains the album on CD (with extra tracks), the album on 2 x 12" heavyweight vinyls, and an art/lyrics book... Also comes with the downloadable version. They are asking 40 pounds for the Discbox.

radiohead_in_rainbows.jpg

Edited by raintheory

They also have the "Discbox" which contains the album on CD (with extra tracks), the album on 2 x 12" heavyweight vinyls, and an art/lyrics book... Also comes with the downloadable version. They are asking 40 pounds for the Discbox.

radiohead_in_rainbows.jpg

What is 40 pounds is dollars ? , anyway CD + Vinyl = Very Cool idea for a Boxed set

"Hi" by Psapp :: i saw Wade Robson Dancers do a Circus Themed dance to this song on Dancing with the Stars last night ;; Googles a bit and came up with thsi YouTube link for the Pop Version ;; i (rayzray) sweakin like it -love it - addicted to it !!

want more of Psaap (is that a word or a sound)

(

)

Right now , I am copying Pink Floyd's , Wish You Were Here , to the R50 , Optical , from the CD that someone here on these boards was so absolutely kind enough to send me ,( which will be thouroughly repaid)

The difference between the CD and iTunes , is unmistakeable , any newbie that wants to jump into and audio arguement about their mp3 player need only hear this.

Thank you ,Thank you , Thank you .

Right now , I am copying Pink Floyd's , Wish You Were Here , to the R50 , Optical , from the CD that someone here on these boards was so absolutely kind enough to send me ,( which will be thouroughly repaid)

The difference between the CD and iTunes , is unmistakeable , any newbie that wants to jump into and audio arguement about their mp3 player need only hear this.

Thank you ,Thank you , Thank you .

that is one of my all time faves, absolutely an incredible album, enjoy,

Bob

they all sound good on MD, especially when they've been rayzified

Bob

thanks bob - i DO put a great deal of "passion" into my remixes - i basically remix almost everything and anything - i just can't stand a "stock" version of any song -

it's from the Roots of my playing and singing for over 42 years and never playing or singing the song the same twice -

even my mistakes and not-so-goods are better than a store bought version - IMO - but there has been some opposing opinions - i am sure - (from tone-deaf ppl) -

i am listing to Green Day remixes - where i remixed one song -but - put the guitar solo of another song in place of the songs original guitar solo - i don't know why i did it- it just sounds better and makes me feel like "God" - cause i fooled with nature -

Edited by rayzray

Listening to five albums of AIR :

Moon Safari

35bb77l.jpg

1. La Femme D'argent

2. Sexy Boy 3. All I Need

4. Kelly Watch The Stars

5. Talisman

6. Remember

7. You Make It Easy

8. Ce Matin La

9. New Star In The Sky

10. Le Voyage De Penelope

Original Soundtrack of "Virgin Suicides"

a2gdpl.jpg

1. Playground Love

2. Clouds Up

3. Bathroom Girl

4. Cemetary Party

5. Dark Messages

6. The Word 'Hurricane'

7. Dirty Trip

8. Highschool Lover

9. Afternoon Sister

10. Ghost Song

11. Empty House

12. Dead Bodies

13. Suicide Underground

10000 Hz Legend

vhg3z6.jpg

1. Electronic Performers

2. How Does It Make You Feel?

3. Radio #1

4. The Vagabond

5. Radian

6. Lucky And Unhappy

7. Sex Born Poison

8. People In The City

9. Wonder Milky Bitch

10. Don't Be Light

11. Caramel Prisoner

Premiers Symptomes

2nhjom9.jpg

1. Modular Mix

2. Casanova 70

3. Les Professionnels

4. J'ai Dormi Sous L'eau

5. Le Soleil Est Pres De Moi

6. Californie

7. Brakes On

Talkie-Walkie - Copy Control

255jn7l.jpg

1. Venus

2. Cherry Blosom Girl

3. Run

4. Universal Traveler

5. Mike Mills

6. Surfing On A Rocket

7. Another Day

8. Alpha Beta Gaga

9. Biological

10. Alone In Kyoto

Humm my favorite album ? Hard to say as I only discovered AIR seriously last week...but as I'm only listening to it for a week, I could say (for now) that my favorite album is, like you, Moon Safari.

"La femme d'argent" is really great and "Talisman" is another great one.

On "Talkie-Walkie - Copy Control", "Venus", "Cherry Blosom Girl" and "Alone in Kyoto" are also very nice to listen.

On "10000 Hz Legend", you could test "Electric Performers", it's for me the best one of this album.

It seems that the picture you want me to see doesn't works ( http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/46749.jpg )

What is it ?

Edited by Pastagaman

Listening to Miles Davis | Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud film score in ATRAC3plus 352kbps.

B000004785.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

1. Nuit Sur Les Champs-Elysees (Take 1)

2. Nuit Sur Les Champs-Elysees (Take 2)

3. Nuit Sur Les Champs-Elysees (Take 3) (Generique)

4. Nuit Sur Les Champs-Elysees (Take 4) (Florence sur les Champs-Elysees)

5. Assassinat (Take 1) (Visite Du Vigile)

6. Assassinat (Take 2) (Julien Dans L'Ascenseur)

7. Assassinat (Take 3) (L'Assassinat De Carala)

8. Motel(Diner Au Motel)

9. Final (Take 1)

10. Final (Take 2)

11. Final (Take 3) (Chez Le Photographe Du Motel)

12. Ascenseur (Evasion De Julien)

13. Le Petit Bal (Take 1)

14. Le Petit Bal (Take 2) (Au Bar Du Petit Bac)

15. Sequence Voiture (Take 1)

16. Sequence Voiture (Take 2) (Sur L'Autoroute)

17. Generique

18. L'Assassinat De Carala

19. Sur L'Autoroute

20. Jullien Dans L'Ascenseur

21. Florence Sur Les Champs-Elysees

22. Diner Au Motel

23. Evasion De Julien

24. Visite Du Vigile

25. Au Bar Du Petit Bac

26. Chez Le Photographe Du Motel

That album is so good, I looked for on it on your recommendation, and enjoy it so much since I found it in the public library; now copied onto a MD :P

I'll take opportunity of this post to thank you again for the Kurosawa's film music as well, as I'm listening to that right now :) :

568161.jpg

P.S. Would you have an english language tracklisting for it :blush: ?

I am glad you are enjoying Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud. It's simply a brilliant piece. :) I shall pm you English tracklisting of Kurosawa's film music shortly.

Listening to The Photographer by Philip Glass

The Photographer by Philip Glass is a very profound piece. Very nice indeed! :good:

The Photographer by Philip Glass is a very profound piece. Very nice indeed! :good:

Back in the eighties I used to share music adventure with a friend of mine, we both rapidly opened our horizon's. We were very much into audiophile turntables etc, and The Photgrapher was an ideal LP to see what sounded best, superb listening, humerous side not, his wife forbade us playing that LP when she was around and pregnant as she said it scared the baby!!!

We listened anyway

Bob

Currently listening to Air // City Reading: Tre Storie Western [with Baricco] thanks to Wizard on a beautiful ES minidisc,

73d16wi.jpg

and also listening to Yndi halda, a post-rock group that I have found an a forum (After the post-rock) on Facebook...Very very great music...I'm listening to the 4 songs avalaible on their myspace for the moment but i'm really considering to buy the disc...The only things i'm fear of is the chinese post....

Yndi Halda // Enjoy Eternal Bliss

6wnezpf.jpg

1 Dash and Blast

2 We Flood Empty Lakes

3 Illuminate My Heart, My Darling!

Edited by Pastagaman

just finished listening to "Songs of the Spirit" by the Mohicans, beautiful music, much in the same vein as "Plains Music" by Manfred Mann.

also just got "Jesus Christ Superstar", good listen as well

Bob

just finished listening to "Songs of the Spirit" by the Mohicans, beautiful music, much in the same vein as "Plains Music" by Manfred Mann.

also just got "Jesus Christ Superstar", good listen as well

Bob