What are you listening to right now?

Rate this topic

J.u.n.k.e.r.

listening to my CW playlists on my 120G Zune - setting up background country music for my wife's daughter who is coming over for a cookout - setting it up on my Double-Sound-Bar system in the living room -

i plan on having wall to wall CW music (non-stop) -(until someone complains) - and then we will "Flip-the-coin) to see what happens -

footnote#1 - i DO have a "Two Headed US Nickel/Nickle/5 cent coin" - i always "win" -

I can't believe I'm posting this, but I am listening at LP4!!! to a Handel Opera. Most of them I managed to capture at LP2 but this was just too long for 163 minutes. No distortion, good balance, way batter than anything from the cassette era or off radio, and playing with Type-S probably good enough.

There's a lot more coming in this year of Handel's 250th (since his death in 1759) so this link will give some idea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00k3k02

... 't says a lot about his hearing :rolleyes:

anyhow, as Bob-T always says, if he's happy with it, so be it :P;) .

listening to Neil Young's Here Comes a Time at my end, on vinyl :) .

I really wish I could have had a chance to hear that 1200 MK4 .......... regretting not putting in my setup first , but I knew if I did , It might not get sent !!!!!!

LISTENING to all my wedding sound efx and clips and loops i am putting from MD's to Laptop via my back-up CD's - life is so wonderful when you are not the bride ????!!

footnote#1 - uncovering many good songs that i forgot i had - like "bad Boy" (la la la la la) by Buster Poindexter - a cover of the origina by (MMMM) i forgot _

ZZ Top : Tres Hombres , Remastered from the original Tapes HDCD

"Jesus done lef Chicagooooo , Headed DOwn fo New Oleeeeeans "

Picked it up today at Disc Union after delivering a Vintage 1968 Fender Precision Bass I repaired , and " Had a pocket full O change " so's I thought My Tres Hombres could help da res O my day ya...

ZZ_Top_-_Tres_Hombres.jpg

Listening to Amanda Lear - Paris by Night - The greatest hits, what good stuff, she'll be 70 this year, still performing and making musuc, and looking great, finally got my MD deck in my Kia Van, will be listening to it in the van and on the B10 at work tonight, should go well with a 12 cylinder diesel in the background!

LISTENING to my "Sound Efx" collection - this is too mych fun - i have about 30 or 40 CD's some regular - some "Rude" and some TV'ish and some Halloweenish - some Sci-Fi'ish - some Natualish - i like the "Rude" ones the best -

footnote - loading them into Laptop-2 for this weekend's sweet 16 party - with a Disney theme - seems like i can use some of these -

footnote#2 - this does not include my vast Bobby M CD collection of DJ fanfares - and efx - and themes - whch i will have with me in CD form - i like to LISTEN to them once in a while - especially the "Elvis has left the building" one !!

Kayne West -808 - heartbreak |Senn HD650

kanye_kaws_1.jpg

in b/w don't attack me for listening Kayne'songs ;)

after the other night - i think i am gonna "TRASH" break and flake my 808 CD of KW - he now sucks - he has not class - and tonight i refure to play ANY of his songs at the Sweet 16 BD Party i am DJ'ing -

footnote#1 - did i (rayzray) say that KW SUCKS !!!!

footnote#2 - it was a good album while it lasted !!

footnote#3 - i am listing to "Real" music right now - like AC/DC etc !!

@ray : Well,I really don't care a lot what he did ,I'm just sick of publicity stunts these artists do and later they feel sorry abou it :)

@Stuge - well publicity stunt or stupidity - they need to "Police' who can get on that stage or not -

Footnote#1 - anyhowzz - KW does make some good music/rap - i guess i won't "Trash" his songs - and i pulled out my 808's & Heartbreak (Parental Advisory) KW CD and am listing to it - but low- cause when my wife hears it she is gonna tell me to put on my ear-phones -

Footnote#2 - i kinda like "RoboCop" track 7 - "okaaaaay - ok ok" - so- i put that song on repeat a lot - not for hot - but for Dot - she likes it too !!

Footnote #3 "i could never be ur Robo Cop " -

Footnote#4 she's just a L A Girl !! (you need to STOP it NOW !!!!)

@Stuge - well publicity stunt or stupidity - they need to "Police' who can get on that stage or not -

I can understand ,what you are feeling for him at the moment .

this emoticon can expain the best : :aggressive::aggressive:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listening to Taylor Swift |Senn Hd650

Taylor+Swift+Fearless.jpg

listening on one of the OTHER PC at different versions of Mr Boombastic by Shaggy - which i DIDN'T have last night when i DJ'd -

i have been transferring my MD's and most CD's to my laptops and THOUGHT i did that one - and left the version home in the garage !!!!

so i didnt get to play it -

their alternative request was "The Pee-Wee Herman Song" LOL - "Tequila" -which they actually danced to ????!!!! ((i NEED)) to listen to that one all day long !!)) -

Footnote#1 - now -which version do i want to lift off YouTube for my collection - the one in the garage is actually a House/remix of it -

Footnote#2 - soooo - how many more songs DON'T i have with me when i DJ- (oh - yeah_ i am retiring) - LOL !!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got and listened to Kunstderfuge by Laibach, mostly instrumental, reminded me a lot of Switched on Bach, very nice album, did a little research, and in fact if you translate the tile, that's exactly what it is, Lunst_art, so it's Laibach's interpretation of Bach's The Art of the Fugue. If you like art/symphonic rock at it's finest, try this, it is that good,

Yeah, I have just bought kunstderfuge by Laibach. This is what I call rock at it's finest. This is a nice one. Try this guys.

kanne11

Simulation pr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Listening to a new box set of Manfred Mann's, it's called Bootleg vol 1 to 5, various concerts from the 70's to fairly recent, interesting piece in the liner notes, the

author of the notes talked about methods of recording concerts and minidisc was mentioned.

BTW the sound for "Bootleg" is pretty darn good

recommend going to the Manfred Mann site and order it, price for a 5 disc package is very reasonable

Bob

• 4 months later...

Yep Tony Bennett is the man. I have his box set.

CCR Chronicles Vol. 1 on my CD player. I didn't realize how many hits they had. I listened to the oldies station since I was twelve, so that why I know most of the stuff. I ordered Vol. 2 should be here this week.