What are you listening to right now?

Rate this topic

J.u.n.k.e.r.

Hi gang

First post here, been lurking, but just had to respond to the thread. (I love these threads, btw. lol)

I have been reaquainting myself with my MD collection the past couple of weeks. (don't ask why I fell by the wayside.... :P)

As we speak is Ray Wilson Next Best Thing on the MZ-NF520D

Yesterday was Genesis Hits on the MZ R70

Day before that was Phil Collins Tarzan in Spanish on the MZ R500

Day before that was some Hiroshima on the MZ S1

Jana, taking the boize out for a drive. LOL

(thinking I need to figure out how to add a sig and stuff.)

Hi gang

First post here, been lurking, but just had to respond to the thread. (I love these threads, btw. lol)

I have been reaquainting myself with my MD collection the past couple of weeks. (don't ask why I fell by the wayside.... :P)

As we speak is Ray Wilson Next Best Thing on the MZ-NF520D

Yesterday was Genesis Hits on the MZ R70

Day before that was Phil Collins Tarzan in Spanish on the MZ R500

Day before that was some Hiroshima on the MZ S1

Jana, taking the boize out for a drive. LOL

(thinking I need to figure out how to add a sig and stuff.)

Welcome to the machine, glad you've rediscovered MD, thanks for kickstarting my memories of Hiroshima, great group, have a few of their albums in Canada, have to find some,

Take care,

Bob

Listening to the Optical Output of my New To ME Kenwood DMC-E7R

38978-170x170.jpg

It just sounds really good for such an old machine . And Optical out is just Icing on the cake

http://minidisc.org/part_Kenwood_DMC-E7R.html

Kenwood_DMC-E7R.jpg

mmmm - "Optical" out - like - to what - a stereo - not the headset - of course -

i LOVE the Sound Wave of an "Optical" signal on the scope - it is soooooo parallel and linear as opposed to an analog's nooks and crevases -

i wonder why - although i prefer working and editing in analog - i still like to "Grab" my songs in "Optical" -

i must be missing something here-

footnote #1 -

too bad that i can't get on your Forum with two of my PC and my Laptop - only my main PC - i can't remember my password and can't remember where i hid it - it's not under the bed or in the toilet vanity like i usually hide things -

Probably the Sock drawer , third back from the other left , top down , inside the out door !?!?

Optical input of my Edirol MA-10D digital monitors

thanks - very enlightening - i Googled and found it-

i didn't know this existed - Christmas is coming -

(http://www.edirol.net/products/en/MA-10D/)

Edited by rayzray

Just finished David Byrne and Brian Eno's ne album "Everything that happens will happen today", marvelous record, and now I'm listening to Eno's Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy, a good trip down memory lane, digital from the hard drive, analogue from the speakers!!!

Bob

BTW TC, that Kenwood is very fine

Just finished David Byrne and Brian Eno's ne album "Everything that happens will happen today", marvelous record, and now I'm listening to Eno's Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy, a good trip down memory lane, digital from the hard drive, analogue from the speakers!!!

Bob

BTW TC, that Kenwood is very fine

Good to see your still here Bob , glad the Windy's havent gotten to you , the past couple storms have done a number on the Southern US , I have been watching on the news . Havana , Haiti , man what a mess , I feel for those people .

Edited by Guitarfxr

Just got and listened to Kunstderfuge by Laibach, mostly instrumental, reminded me a lot of Switched on Bach, very nice album, did a little research, and in fact if you translate the tile, that's exactly what it is, Lunst_art, so it's Laibach's interpretation of Bach's The Art of the Fugue. If you like art/symphonic rock at it's finest, try this, it is that good,

Bob

Year of the gentleman

neyo.jpg

1. Lullaby

2. Closer

3. It’s You

4. Don’t Go

5. Miss Independent

6. Let’s Just Be Friends

7. Know What I’m Talking About (featuring Nas & Jay-Z)

8. In Luv

9. Breakin’ Up

10. Stop This World

11. So You Can Cry

12. Not Perfect

13. What’s the Matter

14. Feels Better (featuring Talib Kweli)

15. Somebody Dumb

16. What I Feel

• 2 weeks later...

Plop, I finally got internet back after weeks of awaiting...I hate Darty.

Listening to the last Oasis, Dig out your soul....

0db8299b-f3cb-4ce2-8f37-97886a83c73c.jpg

1. Bag It Up

2. Turning

3. Waiting for the Rapture

4. Shock of the Lightning

5. I'm Outta Time

6. (Get off Your) High Horse Lady

7. Falling Down

8. To Be Where There's Life

9. Ain't Got Nothin'

10. Nature of Reality

11. Soldier On

...and listening to the last album of Mogwai, The Hawk is Howlig

7cee3e0d-6e01-469a-a79e-c390ae7654e0.jpg

1. I'M Jim Morrison, I'M Dead

2. Batcat

3. Danphe And The Brain

4. Local Authority

5. The Sun Smells Too Loud

6. Kings Meadow

7. I Love You, I'M Going To Blow Up Your School

8. Scotland'S Shame Écouter

9. Thank You Space Expert

10. The Precipice

• 3 weeks later...

Listening to the last Oasis, Dig out your soul....

It seems to me the first half of the album is quite strong, some catchy riffs and hooks, but the second half is mostly forgettable. Still, it seems a better album than the last one.

This week I've been listening to a wonderful 4-cd collection of soundtrack music, mostly from movies I've never seen.

41JMbrwMMwL._SS500_.jpg

For a complete tracklist, look here:

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp...d-302-066-900-2

• 2 weeks later...

I got a playlist of Heart songs. I really love to listen to the song 'Secret' of heart, i dunno what's with the song but i wont last a day without it.

Hearts first three albums , ...... 82 I had front row dead center Dallas Reunion arena ..........two tix ,,,, AND DIDNT GET TO GO !!!!! :shok:

Just finished Tangram 2008 by Tangerine Dream, a very good top-up to the original, definitely worth a listen, just starting to listen to The broken Hearted Bride, a new one by the Strawbs, don't think they can play a bad note, recommend it as well.

Bob

Listening to Laibach's deconstruction of Let It Be, their version of Across the Universe has to be one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded.

Bob

mmmm - deconstruction = rayzray remix ?? that is - i deconstruct when i remix -

anyways - Across the Universe is one of my favorite songs - eva - who was that girl that sang a cover of it - i have it somewheres -

footnote#1 - i must Google or YouTube these songs -

late edit and footnote#2 - ok - so - Let it Be is the Album -

i am listening to Across the Universe by Laibach on Youtube - i like it so far - oh - and it was Fiona Apple that did it - i love Fiona's Version -

MUCH later edit and footnote#3 - i recorded a bunch of Laibach songs on my MDX-D40 - yes - i AM one of the last REAL MDer -

Edited by rayzray

Energy.jpg

Always a pleasure when these 4 get together.

When I lived in Monterey Cali , my Sail Boat was parked right next to theirs for a short period . I moved out to the Moorings tho , because I had Solar power , and Gas/Alcohol stove setup so I didnt need the land line ( saved a ....... ehem Boatload of money )

Were you privy to any jam sessions, or did that sort of thing not happen on their boat?

didnt get to hang out with them , they would come and go once in awhile , but were usually pretty quiet . so just out of respect you keep a certain distance .

Privacy is a treasured thing to those who dont have it , and to those who have to much of it , they crave the world ...............