Transfer More Than Once?

Rate this topic

StephenS

I am a newcomer to Hi-MD. I intend using it for an oral history project, recording people's memories.

I need to transfer the minidisc recordings to my PC and on to CD, for transcription. I seem to be able to do that OK. My problem is that we want to archive the recordings on to another PC, and it would appear that I can only transfer once. I could use the CD recording to transfer the files to the second PC; is this the only way of doing it? I would prefer to use the original if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

StephenS unsure.gif

"Total Record" it or record it with a sound recorder that digitally catches the sound before uploading it, as there is always a risk of losing tracks leaving it unplayable on both the player and computer.

tartan's sound story...

Right now there is a big pile of recorded minidiscs on top of the computer waiting to be uploaded, but the thing that is not allowing uploading right now is the computer sound is broken, meaning pre recording before uploading isn't possible at the moment, and Sonicstage can't be trusted to be the only way of uploading the tracks. Only after the sound is fixed will uploading and clearing the pile begin.

I am a newcomer to Hi-MD.  I intend using it for an oral history project, recording people's memories. 

I need to transfer the minidisc recordings to my PC and on to CD, for transcription.  I seem to be able to do that OK.  My problem is that we want to archive the recordings on to another PC, and it would appear that I can only transfer once.  I could use the CD recording to transfer the files to the second PC; is this the only way of doing it?    I would prefer to use the original if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

StephenS  unsure.gif

1. As someone told before, copy the wav-files to the other PC

OR (if you want the OMA's on the 2nd PC)

2. Use the backup tool to bacup your library (first delete all files you don't need to backup from the library, not from disk if you still need them, this will make a smaller backup). Restore that backup onto the other PC...