Messed Up Mz-nf610 With Service Mode

Rate this topic

boaf

Hey, I was stupidly messing with my MD player in service mode and I messed something up. So when I want to go back into service mode, the code doesn't work. It plays fine, but I can't change the sound type, play mode, etc. It just shows useful and option. Does anyone have an idea? Thank you very much for any info or hlep.

-boaf

postscriptum: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I had no idea where to put it.

Hey, I was stupidly messing with my MD player in service mode and I messed something up.  So when I want to go back into service mode, the code doesn't work.  It plays fine, but I can't change the sound type, play mode, etc.  It just shows useful and option.  Does anyone have an idea?  Thank you very much for any info or hlep.

-boaf

postscriptum: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I had no idea where to put it.

What set of service codes did you employ for your MZ-NF610? You should check if they are those of MZ-NF610. Otherwise, they will not work. In addition, you will need to have NF610's service manual to set your device back to its factory default settings.

Note: You can order the MZ-NF610 Service Manual [Part number: 987714404] from Sony DAPC for $8.75.

Thank you very much for replying.

(Not realizing what it would do to my unit) I used the N505/N707 codes (hold vol- and press > > < < > < > < pause pause) to get into the service menu and then used the instructions to add features. Once I removed the battery, I could no longer access the service menu through the code. And how does the service manual help me reset my device to its factory settings?

Again, thanks a lot for responding!

-boaf

Thank you very much for replying.

(Not realizing what it would do to my unit) I used the N505/N707 codes (hold vol- and press > > < < > < > < pause pause) to get into the service menu and then used the instructions to add features.  Once I removed the battery, I could no longer access the service menu through the code.  And how does the service manual help me reset my device to its factory settings?

Again, thanks a lot for responding!

-boaf

Generally, each device has its own set of service codes; unless they are of the same series that share identical components. So I can't provide you with a definite answer as to how the service manual would resolve your problem. However, I am pretty sure that the NF610 Service Manual will provide enough numerical data to set your unit back to its original settings.

Hm.  But then how did the N505/N707 codes work on my NF610?

As you've described earlier, you managed to enter into service mode with the codes provided but other codes failed to do as intended for the N707/N505. This implies that the service mode codes are “universal” so to speak but other codes you’ve employed were incompatible with the NF610.

I found an alternate code to enter "test" (service) mode. I set the main device to hold, pressed "stop" and put in >> >> << << >> << >> << group- group- and then let go of stop to get in. Then I went back and put in the old codes I had before I messed with service mode and now it works like it did before.

So, I guess my issue is done. Thank you very much for your help!