Who Hates The Bigger Hi-md Jewel Cases

Rate this topic

1kyle

Not sure if this topic has been addressed before --but I just don't like the larger HI-MD jewel cases -- anyway I've swapped most of them now for the older style and size cases.

It's much easier to take 2 or 3 (or more) of the older cases in your pocket than the newer ones.

I can easily distinguish between my MDLP and HI-MD discs as I've 've got (from a shop in Germany) BLUE cases for my HI-MD discs in --they look quite stylish as well.

Cheers

-K

Edited by 1kyle

Wouldn't mind them as much if there were racks and storage boxes available for them.

Maybe they were trying to make them similar to casette tape boxes (although why, who knows.....)

I'm on the fence. Certainly too bulky for the pockets. But I too have been experimenting with custom inserts, then duplicating them for the not so sticky labels supplied. They seem robust enough for what they are but are a serious waste of space. Thought I could stick 2 in there but they won't close.

and if they get "hit" by something, or fall down, the disk inside gets loose, and rattles around. not good  rtfm.gif

I LOATHE THEM... VERY FUSSY, THEY ADD TO THE CLUTTER IN MY BEDROOM. NEITHER DO I KNOW WHY THEY DID THEM LIKE THAT. MAYBE THEY JUST WANTED TO MAKE THEM SIMILAR TO ZIP DISKS... STUPID!!!

HEY, BY THE WAY, I CHATTED WITH A REPRESENTATIVE OF MINIDISC AUSTRALIA (YOU CAN ADD IT TO YOUR ICQ LIST) AND HE TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE WAITING FOR THE ARRIVAL OF 2 GB BLANK DISKS.

HAVE YOU HEARD OF THAT?

Just got my hands on my first set...They're seriously bigger than I thought they would be. No justifiable reason apart from buying new accessories!

Btw, less of the CAPS please (here and elsewhere).

• 1 month later...

So Hi-MD units use larger slipcases than regular MDs??? I don't even use the regular MD slipcases, I have a bag full of maybe 20 or more of them and I've even given a bunch away before! I don't bother with them as the discs have a shutter and are fairly well protected on their own. Plus I have an MD wallet that stores MDs without the cases...

So Hi-MD units use larger slipcases than regular MDs??? I don't even use the regular MD slipcases, I have a bag full of maybe 20 or more of them and I've even given a bunch away before!  I don't bother with them as the discs have a shutter and are fairly well protected on their own.  Plus I have an MD wallet that stores MDs without the cases...

Yeah, I actually gave a bunch of slipcases to my friend who has a PSP, the UMD discs don't have a shutter. He says they work great for him.