Pc -> Md Problem

Rate this topic

cronic

Hi, i wasn't sure where to put this thread so i thought maybe software :S.....

anywayz...my brother gave me his MZ-N10 md and i installed it on my computer...

the software i installed was sonicstage 3.1(the one with no connect i think, full installer) and then i reboot....now my problem is...when i turn on my md it constantly has

PC -> -> MD on it all the time and i cant navigate it...but when i put it in the dock and plug the usb cable into the computer is goes back to normal and i can play tracks....did i do something wrong during the installation process? your help is appreciated smile.gif

that sounds very strange indeed, as it acts exactly oppositely of how it should...perhaps the USB-cord was unplugged before the MD could be removed safely or something and it still thinks it is plugged in...?

have you tried removing all power sources from the MD? Just unplug the ac-adapter or take it out of the charging stand and remove the battery, wait a couple of secs (or better a minute) and power it up again (put the battery back in). That could reset it... but I'm absolutely not sure whether it will work, but then again...it definitely won't do any harm either...

hope it helps, Volta

make sure you start SS before you connect the MD...

if that doesn't help, you could always try the solution suggested in this post as it has had the best results with unrecognized MD's... (of course you could always read the rest of the thread for other suggestions if it doesn't work)

hope this helps,

Volta

Hey, ok i figured out why my netmd wasnt being recognized on the computer....its was due to a faulty docking bay :'(.....well a new problem has occured now.....i cant send files to the netmd >.<

When i send a file it says its sending but when it reaches 100%, you hear the USB noise(notifying a device has been inserted into the computer) and then it says :

Unable to transfer the track or tracks.

songname - artist

I've not no idea why its doing this....so many problems :S...maybe due to get a new gen mp3 player? :S