Oma Files...

Rate this topic

Gonzaloif

Hi,

just a few basic questions... just trying tolearn a little bit this minidisc world...!

can anybody tell me how do the different formats workbetween the pc/hi-md?

when i import a file through sonicstage... does it create inmediateley a "copy"of the file i was importing but in another format? if yes, in which format?

what is name of the format in which audio files are stored on the MD (transferred through sonicstage) are those OMA files?

and... is there any link or topic in this forum where i can read about this stuff?

thanks....

when you import an MP3, WAV file or WMA it just registeres that file in the SonicStage library (no new files are created).

MD (pre-netMD) use Atrac SP

netMD use Atrac SP, Atrac3 LP2, LP4

HiMDs use Atrac3+ HiSP, HiLP, 48kbps, PCM, LP2, LP4, MP3

converstion can be done on the fly and deleted afterwards or kept around to speed up transfer next time

I have got MZ-NH600 and I use SS 3.1. I have never seen an MP3 option before! Where can I find it? How does it work? What bitrates can be used?

Unfortunately, direct mp3 playback is only available through the 2nd generation HiMD units (i.e. MZ-RH910, MZ-RH10). Also there are some reports that the mp3 playback quality is lacking. Search the forums a bit..

Unfortunately, direct mp3 playback is only available through the 2nd generation HiMD units (i.e. MZ-RH910, MZ-RH10).  Also there are some reports that the mp3 playback quality is lacking.  Search the forums a bit..

right i guess I should have made that more clear (i did put it at the end tongue.gif) only 2nd gen units can playback MP3s without having to convert them to Atrac first