Track Merge

Rate this topic

BigTony

Dear all,

Well now I have my microphones and battery box I can make some great audio recordings on my NH1. Just one last thing - can I merge tracks ? As I am recording people, when there is no sound there is a new track created, so for 30 mins recording I get 90 tracks, and so 90 wavs after SS.

Anyway to merge tracks on the player prior to SS, or whats the best way to merge audio after SS (in WAV format)

Cheers

BT

You can merge tracks on the recorder by playing the 2nd of the 2 tracks to be merged, pressing pause then << then T.Mark. Make sure the 2 tracks are of the same format (ie, both HiSP etc.), and the disk isn't too defragmented through editing...

Not, sure about how to do merging in Sonicstage, I think there is some limited track editing allowed, or some wave editing software will do it for you...

i'd do it the long way, real time recording into audacity or sounforge the cutting what you don't want. i like the graphic aproach to what i'm removing. this option will work with the himd wav uploader too iirc

if you are using HiMD (I gues you are, this is the HiMD section tongue.gif) please read and follow the instructions in this thread as merging (and all sorts of editing) prior to uploading can cause errors and even lost recordings!

hope this helps