SonicStage 3.2, Initial Impressions

Ishiyoshi

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought of taking a screen image, yes it could work but you have to take all the screens then put them together. I was hoping that by now Sony would allow a print out of your catalogue. I would like to see the listing off-line and it is a bit of a pain when, if for example you have 12 albums of an artist and you see one on the web biggrin.gif it would be good to check the list without having to load sonicstage.

I know someone wrote a program for listing from a minidisk but I am running the 20gb hd walkman which holds over 250 albums in 192br MP3's and I have more on the PC - It would be good to see what I have on the Walkman.

The ultimate probably would be to export to excel and then I could sort how I liked.

Thanks for your replies.

Cheers

Someone told me the NW-MS90D can playback ATRAC320br. It's that true? Anyone try it?

welcome to MDCF soulex... but for this and other non-MD-related atrac/sonicstage questions, you'd be better of at the 'ATRAClife' sister forum dedicated to non-MD atrac equipment... just follow the link in the upmost blue bar on this page (in the atrac network-banner)

Btw, it is in German as well.

Oh, and when importing CDs, LP4@66k & LP2@105k are gone.

DOes this mean that if I want to use SonicStage with a NetMD MZ-N710 and record LP2 or LP4 version 3.2 is unusable? Or more cumbersome, can I rip the CD to a higher bitrate and then a transfer the MZ-N710 will convert it to LP2/LP4? Or will SonicStage do the conversion?

When the recorder does not support the datarate/codec used for ripping, Sonicstage will automatically convert during transfer.

Second, the normal LP2@132k is still there and using 105k on a NetMD-unit isn't very useful, as the playing time per disc is the same as 132k.

And really, while LP4 has improved considerably since 2.0, it isn't really for music...

Thanks for your answer.

For music I have recorded real-time to get real SP, and for speech I have used LP4. Didn't know there was two variants of LP2, do you mean that a MZ-N710/MZ-N910 can play both? (without any conversion)

And for LP4, there's no longer any possibility of ripping to that format using SS3.2 and transfer to a NetMD without conversion? Since the LP4 as you say is bad from the beginning it would even for speech not especially good to first rip it to Hi-LP and then convert to LP4 when transferring to the NetMD. And not space-efficient keeping it on HD/DVD-R with a clearly higher data rate when it anyway should be converted to LP4.

All MDLP-Capable players can play both LP2-variants, including all NetMD-recorders.

Ripping to Hi-LP and then converting to LP4 is not recommended,

as the artefacts add up considerably.

If you want to convert to LP4, then LP2 should be at least used as a base material, otherwise it would sound too bad.

Or stick with Version 3.1, that one can still rip directly to LP4.

• 4 weeks later...

All MDLP-Capable players can play both LP2-variants, including all NetMD-recorders.

Ripping to Hi-LP and then converting to LP4 is not recommended,

as the artefacts add up considerably.

If you want to convert to LP4, then LP2 should be at least used as a base material, otherwise it would sound too bad.

Or stick with Version 3.1, that one can still rip directly to LP4.

I've just got a net-md minidisc player in the last few days (From ebay) and I'm pretty impressed so far. I've been using LP2 directly from SS3.2 without any problems, but I noticed that the LP4 option was there if I wanted to use it...

• 5 months later...

I was emailed by a guy who sent me sort of a hack method to get a raw-pcm 1:1 copy of the aforementionned homeless and DRMed oma (Hi-SP) files into Audition 1.5. Everythink ok

hello there!

could you tell me more about the "hack method"?!

i have a full load of original live recordings which i can't access anymore since i formatted the HD...

I've got the oma file but seems like i lost the priviledge to access my own shit!!

I didn't know anything about all this DRM stuff before i formatted the PC!!!!

god damn Sony!!!

I would appreciate help...

thanks

chiara

i have to be honest until the hack is made public i doubt it's authenticity.

now as this thread is rather old i'm closing it. if anyone manages to get more details on this hack out of laplace then post it in a new thread & many kudos from frustrated pre 3.3 users will be showered upon thee.